(4 Positions Available)
Join us to make a lasting impact!
The First Nations Education Steering Committee (FNESC) is currently looking for 4 dedicated, energetic and organized administrative professionals to join our hard working team who work collaboratively and diligently to improve education for all First Nations students in BC. Since 1992, FNESC, led by a strong and diverse board of over 100 First Nations community representatives, has worked in partnership with the First Nations School Association (FNSA), and the Indigenous Adult Higher Learning Association (IAHLA). Communications, research, partnership-building, resource development and advocacy are all part of the work we do to advance issues in First Nations education.
The Administrative Assistants will support their department with all administrative tasks such as:
- Assisting with the facilitation of meetings, events, workshops and conferences;
- Administering invoices, expense claims, correspondence, inventories, mail outs, and travel arrangements;
- General administrative duties such as mailing, filing, minute taking, photocopying, meeting kits, data entry, and reception coverage (for breaks and absences).
We encourage you to apply if you want to join an organization that makes a difference and possess the following:
- A minimum of Grade 12 education, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- A minimum of 2 years’ administrative/clerical experience in a fast paced office environment;
- Excellent organizational, communication, interpersonal, teamwork, and time management skills;
- An ability to be flexible and adapt to last minute changes and requests;
- Some understanding of First Nations culture and educational issues is an asset.
We offer full-time meaningful work in a professional, friendly, and respectful office environment which is easily accessible by transit and right next door to Park Royal Mall. We enjoy having occasional lunches together as a team – pizza is one of our favourites. Our benefits and pension plans are above average, as is our vacation entitlement. We also offer professional development and a health and wellness subsidy for all of our employees.
These are full-time positions with most of the work being done between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. However, the nature of this position is such that occasional work outside of those hours, including weekend work, may be required.
The salary for these positions is $40,000 per year.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest in FNESC. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications, we are only able to respond to those applicants who are selected for an interview. We cannot respond to telephone or email inquiries.
If what we have to offer fits what you’re looking for, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org