Retail Space Planning Specialist
Administrative Officer R14
Regular, Full Time
Salary $49,145.98 -$55,609.08 annually
The Liquor Distribution Branch (LDB) is one of two branches of Government responsible for the wholesale distribution and retail sale of beverage alcohol and non-medical cannabis. In 2018/19 the LDB recorded gross sales of $3.6 billion, generating a net income of $1.104 billion that supported vital public services including health care and education. It has a workforce of approximately 4600 full- and part-time employees working across 197 BC Liquor Stores, a growing number of BC Cannabis Stores (online and stand alone), a Head Office, three Wholesale Customer Centres and three Distribution Centres. The LDB is led by a General Manager and CEO who is responsible for administering the Liquor Distribution Act and the Cannabis Distribution Act, subject to direction from the Minister. As part of BC’s mixed-model retail system for liquor and non-medical cannabis, the LDB is committed to providing customers with an enhanced shopping environment, an expansive product selection and a high level of service.
Reporting to the Retail Space Project Manager, the Retail Space Planning Specialist is responsible to ensure optimum use of space, on a sub category by sub category basis, in LDB retail stores. Responsibilities include determining, gathering and analyzing relevant sales data; inputting and operating space management computer system; communicating analysis to appropriate staff; making decisions regarding use of space; providing computer output which depicts the desired product arrangement; project management for the various store types across the retail stores; develops space plans for new and revised stores’ merchandising projects as well as updates to space plans.
Each position is responsible for assigned specific sub categories and works closely with the Category Managers and Replenishment teams to support the merchandising strategies for the business.
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications, and competencies. To be considered for this opportunity, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process. Please note that a cover letter is a requirement for this competition.
A criminal record check will be required. An eligibility list for future permanent or temporary vacancies may be established.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Nikki Durante, Retail Space Project Manager by phone at 604 252-8713. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca , before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
Only applications submitted using the BC Public Service Recruitment System on this website will be accepted.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
Visit Careers at http://www.bcldb.com/about/careers
I certify that all information submitted is true, complete and correct. I understand that any information provided by me in my application, any assessment documents or processes and/or an interview that is found to be false or misrepresented in any respect, may eliminate me from further consideration for employment or may result in my dismissal.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum of one year recent space planning or merchandising experience working in a large retail environment with hands on experience with retail supply chains including inventory management.
- Current Wine and Spirits Education Trust (WSET) Level 1 completed (equivalency of 1 year of liquor product knowledge experience will be accepted in lieu of WSET 1).
- Courses in computer business applications relating to database and spreadsheets, preferred.
- Experience with Retail Space Management software, preferred.
- Strong Microsoft Office knowledge (SharePoint, PowerPoint, Word, Excel).
- Strong Adobe Acrobat knowledge.
- Applicable space planning software programs (I.e. Spaceman Professional, Spaceman Connectivity).
Skills & Abilities
- Proven ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and to deal courteously, tactfully and diplomatically with internal and external clients.
- Ability to read Computer Aided Design (CAD) drawings.
- Demonstrated ability to apply analytical skills, good judgement and deliver under conflicting priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, lead and control project teams.