Business Application Advisor
Administrative Officer R21
This posting is to establish an eligibility list for future permanent and/or temporary vacancies.
There is currently a temporary opportunity available until approximately November 2020, this temporary opportunity may become permanent.
An excellent opportunity to advance your business application skills
The Workforce Innovation and Division Responsible for Skills Training enables all British Columbians to reach their full potential by advancing innovative workforce policies, programs and labour market information and providing skills and training opportunities across the province. In 2018, the Ministry signed the Canada-British Columbia Workforce Development Agreement (WDA), which provides ongoing federal funding for the administration and delivery of labour market and skills training programs throughout BC.
Liaising with the Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills and Training’s Technology and Business Transformation Branch (TBTB) and the Office of the Chief Intelligence Officer (OCIO), the Digital Projects Unit leads the strategic planning for new business solutions to support the management and delivery of labour market programs under the WDA, and manages user acceptance testing, maintenance, training, and user support for new and existing technology for the Division.
The Business Application Advisor represents the program area in the design, development, and ongoing implementation, enhancement and maintenance of a business application that meets current and future business needs. The ideal candidate is a skilled problem solver, an effective communicator, has excellent time management techniques and thrives in a fast-paced dynamic work environment. If this position interests you and you meet the required criteria, we look forward to your application.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Paul.Flater@gov.bc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- An undergraduate degree in business, public administration, computer science or related field and a minimum 1 year of related experience*; OR
- A diploma or certificate in business, public administration, computer science or related field and a minimum 2 years of related experience*; OR
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered if the applicant has 3 years or more of the required related experience*.
*Related Experience must include:
- Experience working with business applications in a support capacity.
- Experience developing user acceptance test cases and performing user acceptance testing (UAT).
- Experience developing status reports and analytical reports.
- Experience working collaboratively with various stakeholders on business process change.
- Experience providing customer service in a fast-paced, service-oriented environment, preferably in the public service.
Preference may be given for:
- Experience identifying training needs, developing training materials, and delivering training sessions to various audiences related to the adoption of new technology.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover letter required: NO – Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.
Resume: YES – Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
Questionnaire (BASIC): YES – As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete an online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements.