Administrative Officer R24
An eligibility list may be established.
An excellent opportunity to apply your analytical expertise!
The Hospital Services Branch proposes strategic direction, develops policies, and monitors and evaluates programs in relation to short-term, acute medical treatments such as those involving: emergency department and hospital operations; in-patient and-out-patient care; physical medicine and rehabilitation; patient transport; and medical assistance in dying.
The Role: The Policy Analyst for the Medical Assistance in Dying Oversight Unit is responsible for independently managing case management, data entry, policy development, and various additional operational tasks.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Sara.Bergen@gov.bc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Master’s Degree in Business or Public administration, or Health Sciences, Social Sciences or a related field and a minimum of 1 year of recent (within last 5 years), related experience*; OR
- Degree in Business or Public administration, or Health Sciences, Social Sciences or a related field and a minimum of 2 years recent (within last 5 years), related experience*; OR
- Diploma in Business or Public administration, or Health Sciences, Social Sciences or a related field and a minimum of 4 years recent (within last 5 years), related experience*; OR
- No degree and a minimum of 6 years recent (within last 5 years), related experience*
*Recent (within last 5 years), related experience is defined as a combination of the following:
- Direct experience analyzing information and providing advice and recommendations on a broad range of program and service issues.
- Experience coordinating multi-faceted projects with conflicting priorities.
- Experience working with and managing external stakeholder interests.
- Experience supporting operations in a complex regulatory and policy environment.
- Experience collecting and analyzing large volumes of data.
Preference may be given to applicants with:
- Experience in the health sector.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover letter required: NO – Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.
Resume required: YES – A resume is required as part of your application, however, it may not be used for initial shortlisting purposes.
Questionnaire: YES (COMPREHENSIVE) – As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
IMPORTANT: Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.