Assistant Manager – Hope
Assistant Manager R14
Step into a career with one of BC’s Top Employers since 2009.
Please note: This position is for a grid 14. Supervisors will be at A class stores, Assistant Managers will be at B class stores.
The Liquor Distribution Branch is one of Canada’s largest distributors and retailers of beverage alcohol. At the BC Liquor Stores we are driven by innovation and have a passion for the future and are looking for a dynamic retail professional to join our team.
Under the general supervision of the Store Manager, assists in all facets of the management of a major retail operation, by providing leadership and direction, controlling costs and maximizing revenue through the achievement of sales targets. Responsibilities include providing excellent customer service and the implementation of in-store marketing as directed by Head Office. The Assistant Manager is also responsible for assisting in the control of the operation, building and contents, supervision of staff, developing teamwork and maintaining good staff morale, developing and implementing operational plans, developing annual store budgets, controlling employment costs, and analyzing and producing reports. In addition, the Assistant Manager is responsible for assisting in controlling stock levels and stock variance control and ensuring acceptable levels of security in the store for both staff and physical assets. The Assistant Manager is expected to contribute to improve the Branch image by assisting in providing direction in support of Branch policies. The Assistant Manager is also involved in the hiring, training and development of staff, scheduling assignments, participating as required in all store duties, and will be actively involved in labour relations matters. Shift work is involved.
This position may require lifting liquor cases up to 50 lbs. to varying heights, standing at a cash register for extended periods of time and performing warehouse duties, including frequent bending and standing. Incumbents may also operate a variety of mechanical and hand-operated equipment. Contact with the public and clerical duties are also critical components of this position.
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications, and competencies. To be considered for this opportunity, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process. Please note that a cover letter is a requirement for this competition.
A criminal record check will be required. An eligibility list may be established.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Human Resources by phone at 252-8565. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
Visit Careers at http://www.bcldb.com/about/careers
I certify that all information submitted is true, complete and correct. I understand that any information provided by me in my application, any assessment documents or processes and/or an interview that is found to be false or misrepresented in any respect, may eliminate me from further consideration for employment or may result in my dismissal.
- Degree, diploma or certificate in business management, or related field preferred.
Recent, Related Experience:
- One year recent supervisory experience in a +$1.0 million retail sales environment with direct accountability for achieving and driving sales and service targets.
*Recent experience is defined as occurring within the past 5 years.
An equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience may be considered. Experience leading a team and/or an initiative to support the delivery of business results may also be considered when determining equivalency.
- Point of Sale and/or Inventory Management system applications.
- Excellent service orientation and communication skills with the ability to communicate with customers using a variety of mediums.
- Ability to make decisions with integrity that support organizational guidelines and makes good business sense.
- Ability to resolve customer concerns in a diplomatic manner and to engage customers in a friendly and professional manner.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize efficiently to effectively handle daily responsibilities and ensure presentation standards are maintained.
- Ability to demonstrate leadership and provide excellent training and coaching to team members.
In addition to the above required qualifications, applicants must have:
- Working knowledge of ‘retail systems’. This includes Point of Sale and Inventory Management applications.
- Excellent training skills.
- Excellent communication skills and experience in dealing with the public
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
Successful completion of Serving It Right™ certification will be required prior to confirmation of any appointments of this position.