Human Resources Advisor
Management Band 2
This posting is to establish an eligibility list for future permanent and/or temporary vacancies.
The HR Advisory Services team is a virtual team, and the successful applicants could be located in any of the following locations: Vancouver, Victoria, Prince George, or Kamloops, depending on the current location of the successful applicants.
This position is excluded from union membership.
A multi-faceted career opportunity for a human resources professional skilled in labour relations, investigations support and contract interpretation
The BC Public Service Agency (PSA) provides leadership and services in people management. The Agency supports its clients in achieving their human resource goals and improves the overall effectiveness of the public service by providing human resource management policies and frameworks, as well as a variety of human resource services, products and programs.
As a Human Resources Advisor, you provide case management support and advice for customers, considering both an interest and rights-based approach regarding individual employee behavioural and performance-based issues or events. In this role, you provide comprehensive advice and guidance on cases that require intervention and resolution via conflict management principles, corrective and/or disciplinary actions. Your role also encompasses providing expertise on the interpretation and application of HR legislation, policies and procedures, collective agreements and terms and conditions of employment to customers. A skilled communicator with a collaborative approach, you provide technical topic specific education and information sessions to customers through a variety of methods. If you are a motivated, analytical HR generalist with the ability to work effectively as part of a highly productive virtual team, we look forward to your application.
To learn more about these B.C communities you can click on the Hello BC link here!
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position-related enquiries, please contact Greg.Veale@gov.bc.ca OR Lauren.Dwornik@gov.bc.ca DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THESE EMAIL ADDRESSES. For more information about how to create or update your profile and how to submit your application, please refer to the Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- University degree in Business Administration, Public Administration or a related field and a minimum of 2 years progressive, related experience in a Human Resources role or in a management role primarily with Human Resources or labour relations responsibilities; OR,
- Diploma in Business Administration, Public Administration or a related field and a minimum of 4 years progressive, related experience in a Human Resources role or in a management role primarily with Human Resources or labour relations responsibilities.
- Experience providing consultative advice and expertise on HR matters in a unionized environment to Human Resource Practitioners, managers and supervisors in the areas of: labour relations, performance management, attendance management, investigations, discipline, grievance handling and compensation and benefits.
- Experience working with managers, and/or supervisors to address and resolve more complex issues such as employee misconduct, conduct- related performance, and labour relations aspects of health related employee issues etc.
- Experience interpreting collective agreements, HR legislation, policies and procedures, and terms and conditions of employment.
- Experience conducting or supporting investigations, and recommending solutions.
- Experience negotiating and resolving conflict situations with the intent to develop mutually acceptable conditions.
- Experience applying due diligence regarding legal implications and applying various Acts and policies to a variety of situations.
- Experience organizing and preparing grievance file documentation, preparation of matters for arbitrations or other dispute resolution areas, and drafting reports and correspondence.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover letter required: YES – A cover letter is required as part of your application. The content and/or format of your cover letter may be evaluated as part of the assessment process.
Resume required: YES – Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
Questionnaire: YES (COMPREHENSIVE) – As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
IMPORTANT: Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.