Senior Manager, Physician Compensation
Management Band 2
An eligibility list may be established.
Combine your client service, stakeholder engagement and strategic planning skills in this challenging role.
Health Sector Workforce & Beneficiary Services (HSWBS) Division is responsible for workforce strategies and operational delivery of provider services. These services include agreements and negotiations, compensation policy and programs, publicly-funded medical services, professional regulation, workforce planning and development, strategic priorities, and more.
HSWBS works closely with a wide range of stakeholders including federal and provincial ministries, health authorities, regulatory organizations, professional associations and unions, and educational institutions to effectively meet patient and population health needs and deliver efficient health services.
The Senior Manager, Physician Compensation oversees the Alternative Payment Program within the Labour & Agreements Branch. The Alternative Payment Program works with health authorities to improve services through alternative physician compensation models.
Reporting to the Director, Physician Compensation, the manager is responsible for leading, managing, developing and implementing innovative compensation agreements and service delivery accountability structures. These structures are critical to ensuring that funding is managed in a manner that is consistent with legislation, government priorities, and agreements and provides good value for public money.
The capital of British Columbia, Victoria is a diverse city with beautiful beaches and harbours and a variety of provincial parks to explore. Located on Vancouver Island, Victoria offers a bustling downtown scene and has a wide range of restaurants and entertainment venues to choose from.
The BC Public Service is an award-winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Joni.Magil@gov.bc.ca . DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to create or update your profile and how to submit your application, please refer to the Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca , before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- A Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Social Sciences, Law, Economics, or Health Information Management AND 5 years or more related* combined experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
• A track record of effectiveness in managing, analyzing and implementing improved service value propositions and accountability solutions to compensation issues, including the design, development and management of related methods, plans, processes, contracts and negotiations.
• Effectiveness in complex contract issues management and resolution.
• Effectiveness in leading the development of compensation programs and resolution of high profile, public issues.
• Effectiveness in developing strategies, options and methodologies to manage and resolve diverse and complex and sensitive issues.
• Management effectiveness in a complex and challenging environment, including managing projects and resources, controlling annual service budgets, preparing formal and complete business plans and providing input into strategic plans.
• Leadership effectiveness in utilizing, supervising and working with external professional staff resources, contractors, internal and external stakeholders.
• Effectiveness working on joint committees and/or cross functional committee dealing with sensitive issues: like physician compensation rates, productivity issues, service deliverables & expectations; contract terms and negotiations.
Preference may be given to candidates with:
• Experience in all 7 of the related* experiences.
• Experience related to health-care service access and delivery
• Previous experience in negotiating compensation.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: (Application requirement options and the corresponding screening process)
Cover Letter: YES – A cover letter is required as part of your application. The content and/or format of your cover letter may be evaluated as part of the assessment process.
Resume: YES – Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
Questionnaire: YES – You will be required to answer a standard questionnaire.