Management Band 3
An eligibility list may be established.
It’s your time to Achieve, Excel and Succeed
The BC Wildfire Service (BCWS) is a unique area of government tasked with the responsibility of preventing, managing and suppressing unwanted wildfire on the landscape. Approximately 1600 field workers – comprising technical experts, strategic thinkers and fire operations staff – are dedicated to undertaking the BCWS mandate in delivering effective wildfire management and emergency response support to protect life and values at risk, encouraging sustainable, healthy and resilient ecosystems.
The Business Manager oversees the delivery of a diverse range of financial management, human and physical resources and administrative services ensuring the appropriate resources, policy practices and controls are in place. The Business Manager is responsible for establishing priorities, allocating resources and resolving issues affecting a Fire Centre or Provincial Programs.
In addition to this exciting opportunity, the BC Public Service is an award winning employer in British Columbia, including such accolades as being one of BC’s Top Employers for 2017, one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for 2017 and one of Canada’s Top Family-Friendly Employers in 2017. The BC Public Service offers a healthy work/life balance, excellent benefits, including one of the best pension plans available, and a variety of opportunities for career learning and development. To find out more, explore What the BC Public Service offers You
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Darren.Quinn@gov.bc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to create or update your profile and how to submit your application, please refer to the Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Degree in business administration, public administration, or commerce, and three (3) years of directly related experience; OR,
- Diploma in, business administration, public administration, or commerce, or unrelated degree or diploma and five (5) years of directly related experience; OR,
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.Directly related experience must include a combination of the following:
- Experience developing, managing and delivering programs or services related to financial and administrative services, strategic business planning, allocating resources, and procurement.
- Experience in program administration including leading and coaching diverse teams and supervising staff.
- Minimum 2 years experience in financial management which may include business planning, contract administration, risk management and internal financial controls.
- Minimum 2 years experience in budget management.
- Minimum 3 years of supervisory experience
- Preference may be given to candidates with one or more of the following:
- Minimum 2 years experience in procurement and contract administration.
- Minimum 1 year experience in leading strategic and business planning.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
CRC – A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover letter required: NO – Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.
Resume required: YES – A resume is required as part of your application, however, it may not be used for initial shortlisting purposes.
Questionnaire: YES (COMPREHENSIVE) – As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
IMPORTANT: Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.