Director, Corporate Communications
Management Band 3
This position is excluded from union membership.
An eligibility list may be established.
Bring your communication and collaboration skills to this high profile leadership role.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Corporate Communications leads the development and implementation of the ministry’s communications strategies linking employees to the vision, mission and goals of the ministry. This role provides expertise and support to executive and management to ensure a consistent cascade of messaging to communicate goals and deliverables, organizational change, progress on the ministry’s strategic agenda, and engagement initiatives.
You will oversee the planning, creation and delivery of a host of communications that reach a wide range of clients, employees and stakeholders through a variety of channels-written messaging, external-facing website and an internal intranet site.
You will develop and maintain strong working relationships with ministry executives and staff from across the organization to ensure their views and positions are represented when developing key messaging, internal communications plans and other related materials and channels.
If you are a strong communicator who has the ability to build and maintain strategic partnership within the social sector, while providing leadership that enables a high performing team, we look forward to your application.
This position is located in Victoria, a beautiful city with beautiful beaches and harbours, and a variety of provincial parks to explore. Located on Vancouver Island, Victoria offers a bustling downtown scene and has a wide range of restaurants and entertainment venues to choose from.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Heather.House@gov.bc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to create or update your profile and how to submit your application, please refer to the Job Application page on the MyHR website.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Master’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism or related field and 2 years of recent related experience; OR
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism or related field and 3 years of recent related experience; OR
- Diploma in communications, public relations, journalism or related field and 4 years of recent related experience.
- 2 years experience leading, developing and empowering a team, including performance planning and coaching.
Recent related experience must include:
- developing and implementing communications plans and tactics for a diverse audience
- providing communications advice and expertise to the senior leadership of an organization
- establishing and maintaining working relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders
Preference may be given for:
- Experience working in a public relations, corporate communications or media relations environment
- Experience with planning and executing face to face and virtual/online meetings for large groups
- Experience with managing/uploading content in SharePoint
- Experience with CMS Lite
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover Letter: NO
Resume: YES – Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
Questionnaire – YES (COMPREHENSIVE) As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
IMPORTANT: Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.