Director Stakeholder Engagement
Management Band 3
This position is excluded from Union Membership.
An eligibility list may be established for future permanent and/or temporary vacancies.
Bring your vision, leadership and strategic planning skills to this important role
The Director Strategic Leadership will lead the development and management of strategic, high impact/risk stakeholder relationships, along with internal and external communications initiatives in support of the Ministry’s 10-year Childcare BC plan to implement universal child care throughout the province. The director ensures a system-wide lens on the child care sector, in consultation with senior leaders, to lead engagement, digital strategy and strategic communications cross-divisionally and across the sector.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Shannon.Renault@gov.bc.ca . DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Post-secondary degree in communications, business administration, public administration or a related discipline and a minimum of five (5) years of related experience in a management role with a strong focus on communications and issues management.
- 2 years experience in leadership roles in professional communications or stakeholder management.
- 2 years experience building partnerships, managing consultations with internal and external stakeholders, and assessing multi-stakeholder perspectives and priorities to develop strategic plans and related activities.
- 2 years experience providing advice and briefing materials to senior government staff and officials.
- 2 years experiencing establishing collaborative relationships with senior leaders to manage organizational change and implement successful change actions.
- Experience leading and coaching multi-disciplinary teams in the development and implementation of a diverse range of projects.
- Experience working with Government Communications & Public Engagement an asset.
- Successful completion of security screening requirements of the BC Public Service, which may include a criminal records check, and/or Criminal Records Review Act (CRRA) check, and/or enhanced security screening checks as required by the ministry (Note: It is important that you read the job posting carefully to understand the specific security screening requirements pertaining to the position).
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover Letter: NO – Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.
Resume: YES – Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying. Your resume must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined in the job requirements above.Bottom of Form
Questionnaire: YES – As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete an online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements.