Manager, Information Management and Privacy
Management Band 3
An eligibility list may be established.
This position is currently under review for exclusion.
Play a leadership role in leading innovation and achieving operational and service excellence
A great opportunity to join our ministry’s information security and privacy team! We are looking for an inspired and results-oriented leader who is driven to serve people, solve problems and innovate. If you are interested in joining a dynamic team and making a difference, consider applying for this opportunity.
Transformational change to enable digital government presents challenging opportunities to ensure protection privacy and strong information security practices. As Manager, Information Management and Privacy you will play a key role in the delivery and continuous improvement of the ministry’s Information Security, Privacy and Compliance Program.
If you are looking for an exciting leadership opportunity and possess the required qualifications, we look forward to your application.
The capital of British Columbia, Victoria is a beautiful city, with beautiful beaches and harbours, and a variety of provincial parks to explore. Located on Vancouver Island, Victoria offers a bustling downtown scene and has a wide range of restaurants and entertainment venues to choose from.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Heather.Dunlop@gov.bc.ca . DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to create or update your profile and how to submit your application, please refer to the Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca , before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Completion of a related university degree or diploma (Information Management, Information Technology, Public Policy or Administration, Law, or other related field); AND minimum two years’ related experience*. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
*Related experience includes the following:
- At least 2 years’ recent experience leading teams and oversight of staff.
- At least 2 years’ experience relating business requirements to privacy legislation and regulations.
- Recent experience (within 12 months) conducting Privacy Impact Assessments.
- Experience identifying and evaluating privacy risks from a business and technological standpoint.
- Experience applying policies, processes and tools in a regulatory environment.
- Experience preparing strategies, action plans and leading special projects.
- Experience working with senior government officials, senior level professionals and a wide range of stakeholders.
Preference may be given to applicants with the following:
- Experience with BC’s Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIPPA) and related regulations, policy and procedures.
- Certification as a privacy professional (e.g. CIPP/C, CAPPA) and/or other relevant training/certification.
- Experience leading projects.
- Experience facilitating change management.
- Experience with the management of privacy incidents.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover Letter: YES – A cover letter is required as part of your application. The content and/or format of your cover letter may be evaluated as part of the assessment process.
Resume: YES – Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
Questionnaire: YES (COMPREHENSIVE) – As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
IMPORTANT: Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.