***Please DO NOT apply for this position by submitting your profile on this BC Government Hiring Centre website. Applications must be made via the following directions.***
Branch: Business Services
Classification: Band 3
Job Type: Regular Full time
Salary Range: $72,000 to $100,000 per annum
Closing Date: May 18, 2018
Geographically Restricted: No
Security Screening: Required
Why work with us?
At BC Pension Corporation, we are committed to our people. We are an organization with wellbeing at its core; offering an outstanding workplace experience where all employees can achieve their full potential. Some highlights of what we offer include:
- Flexible work schedules (mobility work, modified work weeks, job sharing, etc.)
- Competitive compensation
- Ongoing training and professional development opportunities
- Comprehensive extended health and dental benefits for you and your family, including 100% employer paid MSP premium coverage
- Defined benefit pension program
- Health & wellness programs – lunchtime seminars, community health activities (yoga, kayaking, etc.) and a comprehensive Employee & Family Assistance Program
One in nine BC citizens is a member of one of the five pension plans we serve
To learn more about us and how you can be a part of a culture that encourages innovation, continuous improvement and a passion for delivering an outstanding customer experience, visit bcpensioncorp.ca
What is the opportunity?
The Product Owner has responsibility for leading product development from defining a vision for the product, to prioritizing features for development, to sustainment through the product’s lifecycle. This position manages a product suite utilizing agile development methodology, continuously evaluating product risks and mitigation strategies, collaborating with stakeholders internal and external to the organization, reviewing and approving project deliverables and evaluating the product production readiness. The Product Owner, in consultation with the Scrum Master, Release Manager and other project team members, makes recommendations regarding the approach to implementation of new or changed policies, procedures and processes, new features, technical deficits, required maintenance, and advises senior management regarding appropriate actions to support those changes. This position also assesses the impacts of products and divisional operations responsibilities from both internal and external stakeholder perspectives.
What do you need to succeed?
- Degree or diploma in a technology related discipline, or service design, or project management;
- A minimum of five years of recent experience managing complex enterprise IM/IT projects with multiple interdependencies including major business transformations, including experience managing change;
- Demonstrated experience in and passion for product design and practices gained working in a product, project or service capacity;
- Proven experience of working in an agile, digital product- focused development environment with multidisciplinary teams to iteratively create and improve digital products and services;
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
Interested in applying?
To learn more about the Product Owner position, please review the job description at the bottom of this page.
|Your resume must provide detailed information about your education and employment history in order to clearly demonstrate how you meet the job requirements as listed above. Please ensure your resume includes the month and year(s) for each job in your employment history as well as the job related responsibilities.
Please apply through our career website: https://bcpensioncorp.prevueaps.ca/jobs/
Contact: Human Resources
If you are unable to access the links, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
An eligibility list may be established. Testing may be required.
We thank you for your interest in working with us. You will be informed of your status in this competition as soon as possible.
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm PST on the closing date referenced above. Late applications will not be considered.
Diversity & Inclusion
BC Pension Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to establishing an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment for all. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or any other basis protected by applicable law.
We are committed to ensuring that reasonable accommodations are made available to persons with disabilities during the recruitment, assessment and selection processes and will provide reasonable accommodations upon request. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us at email@example.com.
DO NOT submit your application for this position through the BC Government Hiring Centre website. Applications submitted through the BC Government Hiring Centre will not be considered.