Senior Manager, Allied Health Workforce Development
Management Band 3
An eligibility list may be established.
It’s your time to Achieve, Excel and Succeed in this career building role
The Health Human Resources and Labour Relations (HHRLR) Division at the Ministry of Health is responsible for workforce strategies and operational delivery of provider services that contribute to effectively meeting patient and population health needs and improving patient outcomes through the efficient delivery of health services.
The Senior Manager is the Provincial expert for allied health education, practice, clinical integration, recruitment and retention to lead systemic change for allied health professions/occupations across the continuum of care. This work is achieved through delivery of innovative service models that maximize opportunities and optimal scopes of practice to ensure a capable health workforce is in place to meet the current and future health care needs of the province.
The capital of British Columbia, Victoria is a beautiful city, with beautiful beaches and harbours, and a variety of provincial parks to explore. Located on Vancouver Island, Victoria offers a bustling downtown scene and has a wide range of restaurants and entertainment venues to choose from.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Lorrie.Cramb@gov.bc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to create or update your profile and how to submit your application, please refer to the Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Bachelor’s degree in health administration, health education, health science or a related field and a minimum 5 years of recent related health care, professional practice or clinical work experience.
- Preference May be given to candidates with a master’s degree in in health administration, health education, health science or a related field.
- Preference may be given to candidates who have post secondary health education system /student practice experience.
- Preference may be given to candidates who are allied health professionals currently registered or eligible for registration with a regulatory college in BC.
Recent related health care, professional practice or clinical work experience must include all of the following:
- Experience engaging a wide variety of senior level stakeholders and leading stakeholder consultations.
- Experience in supervision/coaching of multi-disciplinary operational staff and leading diverse teams.
- Experience leading, developing, implementing, and evaluating policies and programs related to health workforce development. This may include workforce planning, education/training, recruitment/retention, role optimization and clinical integration.
- Experience working collaboratively with executives to lead organizational change.
- Successful completion of security screening requirements of the BC Public Service, which may include a criminal record check and/or Criminal Records Review Act (CRRA) check, and/or enhanced security screening checks as required by the Ministry.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover letter required: NO – Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.
Resume required: YES – A resume is required as part of your application; however, it may not be used for initial shortlisting purposes.
Questionnaire: YES (COMPREHENSIVE) – As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
IMPORTANT: Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.