Senior Project Manager
Management Band 3
This posting is to establish an eligibility list for future temporary and/or permanent opportunities.
There are currently two positions available:
One permanent full time vacancy.
One full time temporary vacancy ending May 15, 2020 with the possibility of extension.
A dynamic career opportunity to showcase your project management and leadership excellence
In this position you will be working with a team of project managers and subject matter experts, the Senior Project Manager manages the successful development, implementation and evaluation of major projects, or business components of large multi-faceted projects and or a portfolio of projects with multiple key deliverables. Projects are taken from original concept through to final completion and evaluation. The Senior Project Manager also provides their expertise to continually improving the Project Management practice within MCFD’s PMO, defining consistent processes, tools and templates that support successful project management within MCFD’s unique culture and environment.
The capital of British Columbia, Victoria is a beautiful city, with beautiful beaches and harbours, and a variety of provincial parks to explore. Located on Vancouver Island, Victoria offers a bustling downtown scene and has a wide range of restaurants and entertainment venues to choose from.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Kiera.Bailey@gov.bc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to create or update your profile and how to submit your application, please refer to the Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Degree in business administration, public administration, or a related field (related field includes public sector, social sector, project management, management and leadership) or an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Three (3) or more years of experience managing multiple projects or leading a component (e.g., sub-project) of major projects.
- Three (3) or more years of experience managing relationships with senior level stakeholders and or leading consultation sessions.
- One (1) or more years of experience in directing the work for other project managers, professional employees, and/or consultants.
Preference may be given to candidates with the following:
- Experience working with Aboriginal clients and partners.
- Experience managing projects in the child care and/or social sector and or a front-line service delivery organization.
- Candidates with a PMP certification.
- Experience with Lean tools and approaches.
- Candidates with Change Management experience.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover letter required: NO – Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.
Resume required: YES – A resume is required as part of your application, however, it may not be used for initial shortlisting purposes.
Questionnaire: YES (COMPREHENSIVE) – As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
IMPORTANT: Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.