Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High School
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Babysitters, Nannies and Parents’ Helpers (6474)
NOC Job Title: Child Caregiver – Private Home
Surrey, British Columbia
Private household located at 143A Street and 101 Avenue in Surrey, BC is looking for a Caregiver for 5 and 7 year old children.
Work Location: Work in employer’s/ client’s home. Accommodation is available at NO Extra Cost if caregiver wishes to stay in the home; however, this is NOT a condition of employment.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain an open, friendly and cooperative relationship with the children and family.
- Observe and monitor children’s play activities.
- Keep records on individual child, including daily observation and information about activities, meals served and medication administered.
- Instruct children in health and personal habits such as eating, resting and toilet habits.
- Organize and participate in recreational activities, such as games.
- Assist in preparing food for the children and serve meals and refreshments to children and regulate rest periods.
- Perform housekeeping duties such as laundry, cleaning, dishwashing and changing linens.
- Accompany children to and from school, on outings, and to medical appointments.
- Support children’s emotional and social development, encouraging understanding of others and positive self-concepts.
- Identify signs of emotional or development problems in children and bring them to parents’ attention.
- Completion of Secondary School is required.
- Completion of a 6 months Caregiver Program and/or 1 year work experience with children.
- Must be able to speak, write, read and understand English.
- Punjabi speaking is an asset; however is not a requirement.
Client focus, Reliability, Initative, Dependability, Organized.
- Minimum 35 hours per week.
- Paid meal breaks.
- Paid vacation of 2 weeks.
Safety and Security:
Bondable, Criminal Record Check
Public transportation is available
How to Apply
Contact: Tarsem Singh Samra