This posting is only open to current members of the Clerk 9 / Clerk Stenographer 9 Inventory. If you are not a member of this inventory, please refer to the Applicant Inventories page for information about applying to be an inventory member.
An eligibility list may be established.
This position is excluded from union membership.
Join a team where your administrative skills are valued
The Innovation Hub fosters a strong culture of innovation in the BC Public Service ( BCPS) and works to increase the public service’s ability to grow and sustain innovative leaders, support public servants in their work, improve the overall ability to deal with systemic public sector challenges, all while meeting the evolving needs of citizens. Innovation is happening in pockets across government, but there’s a clear and compelling need to embed the spirit and practice of innovation more consistently in the culture of the BCPS. Come join our growing team of passionate and energetic people who want to see positive change in the BCPS.
Reporting to the Manager of Operations the position will predominately provide general administrative support to the Innovation Hub team and the Behavioural Insights group, as well as the Public Service Engagement and Corporate Initiatives branch.
As the Administrative Assistant you provide general administrative and clerical support to the work unit. Highly organized and detail oriented, you make travel arrangements and appointments for staff in addition to booking meetings and conference rooms. A motivated self-starter who thrives on their ability to take an initiative and time-manage. With your excellent verbal and written communication skills, you produce a variety of documents such as correspondence, minutes, forms, reports, spreadsheets, and presentations while proof-reading documents and correcting errors.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Stacie.Mitchell@gov.bc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Secondary school graduation (Grade 12) or GED.
- At least 1 year administrative/clerical experience gained in a fast-paced professional office environment. Preference may be given for 2 or more years.
- Experience managing deadlines and prioritizing multiple concurrent tasks.
- Experience managing an electronic calendar (e.g. booking meetings and appointments)
- Experience using payment/financial systems.
- Experience supporting meetings and events (note taking, ensuring all supplies are available etc.)
Preference may be given for:
- Post-secondary education or training in Office Administration or Management, or related field.
- Experience working in government offices.
- Experience making travel arrangements.
- Experience with CAS.
- Experience processing purchase card and/or credit card reconciliation while ensuring accuracy and completeness of documentation.
- Experience using CMS Lite to update and make edits to websites.
- Experience with online and other registration systems and creating a database to track registration.
- Experience with professional writing (i.e. writing blog posts for employee website)
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover Letter – YES A cover letter is required as part of your application. The content and/or format of your cover letter may be evaluated as part of the assessment process.
Resume – YES Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
Questionnaire: YES – As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete an online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements.