Supply Chain Support Clerk
An eligibility list may be established.
Bring your strong administrative experience and superior organizational skills to this challenging position.
Under the direction of the Purchasing and Supply Chain Supervisor, the Purchasing Support Clerk performs administrative and contract duties associated with supporting the supply chain management of approximately $30 million worth of product annually on behalf of PDC clients for inventory management and Province-wide distribution.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Umida.Khasanova@gov.bc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Secondary school graduation or equivalent (GED).
- Minimum 1 years’ recent (gained within the past 5 years) experience in an administrative capacity.
- Demonstrated experience in keyboarding, word processing, spreadsheets, databases, and other standard computer applications [i.e.MS Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, Access]; creating and editing spreadsheets; database management; electronic mail; and a variety of word documents and templates.
- Demonstrated experience [minimum 3 months] with records management practices, procedures and systems for filing and storage of electronic and hard copy documents.
- Post-secondary education/certification in office/business administration or public administration.
- Experience with ARCS/ORCS and/or EDRMS Content Manager [TRIM]
- 1 years’ recent experience (gained within the past 5 years) in logistics, inventory management, a distribution warehouse or a purchasing department within a supply chain environment.
- 1 years’ recent experience (gained within the past 5 years) using an Enterprise Resource Planning System, such as SAP.
- Experience in applying Health Canada regulations for medical devices/products and pharmaceutical drug information.
- Excel experience in exporting and importing data, using formulas, working with various charts and tables, working with pivot tables and pivot charts, working with macros.
- Experience using VISIO to develop diagrams, charts and graphs.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
CRC – A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover letter required: NO – Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.
Resume required: YES – A resume is required as part of your application, however, it may not be used for initial shortlisting purposes.
Questionnaire: YES (COMPREHENSIVE) – As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
IMPORTANT: Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.