An eligibility list may be established.
Advance your administrative career with this rewarding opportunity.
Do you have a desire to make a difference in someone’s life? Do you have excellent customer service skills and strong administrative abilities?
The Ministry of Children and Family Development promotes and develops the capacity of families and communities to care for and protect vulnerable children and youth and supports healthy child and family development to maximize the potential of every child in BC. The Ministry is responsible for regional and province wide delivery of services and programs that support positive and healthy outcomes for children, youth and their families.
The Team Assistant will provide program support and general administrative and clerical support to work units within the Ministry of Children and Family offices in Penticton and local service delivery area, working directly for professional staff on program responsibilities. The position reports to the Office Manager, and receives direction from multiple stakeholders that include: social workers, Team Leaders, Managers and the immediate supervisor. The position is the point of contact for client intake which includes the general public.
The position requires an understanding of the challenges faced by clients, and potential clients, of the services and programs being offered and how the social services office relates outside the Ministry; with service providers, community organizations, and other public service organizations.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Cecile.Dixon@gov.bc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Secondary school graduation or equivalent.
- One year of administrative support experience in an office environment. Preference may be given to applicants with a combination of three years of administrative support experience, education and/or training.
- Basic experience in keyboarding, word processing, spreadsheets, databases, and other standard computer applications (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Experience providing client services. Preference may be given to applicants with one or more years of experience.
- Experience working independently and as a team member with a multi-disciplinary environment and with other professional staff, client and service providers.
- Preference may be given to applicants with experience working with vulnerable children and families.
- Preference may be given to applicants with experience using MCFD applications: Integrated Case Management (ICM) and/or Management Information System (MIS) computer applications.
- Preference may be given to applicants with administrative experience in a human/social services setting.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) and Criminal Record Review Act Check (CRRA) will be required.
Cover Letter: NO
Resume: YES – Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
Questionnaire: YES – As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete an online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements.