Supply Chain Analyst, Cannabis Operations, R14, Regular
Salary – $48,182.24 – $54,518.81 annually
The Liquor Distribution Branch (LDB) is one of two branches of Government responsible for the wholesale distribution and retail sale of beverage alcohol and non-medical cannabis. In 2018/19 the LDB recorded gross sales of $3.6 billion, generating a net income of $1.104 billion that supported vital public services including health care and education. It has a workforce of approximately 4600 full- and part-time employees working across 197 BC Liquor Stores, two BC Cannabis Stores (online and stand alone), a Head Office, three Wholesale Customer Centres and three Distribution Centres. The LDB is led by a General Manager and CEO who is responsible for administering the Liquor Distribution Act and the Cannabis Distribution Act, subject to direction from the Minister. As part of BC’s mixed-model retail system for liquor and non-medical cannabis, the LDB is committed to providing customers with an enhanced shopping environment, an expansive product selection and a high level of service.
The Supply Chain Analyst plays a key role in supporting the Customer Experience Manager in the development of wholesale processes and LDB business relationships with private cannabis retailers. This individual will collaborate with retailers to collect feedback. They will drive the analysis of customer feedback and processes to support process improvement initiatives that improve the B2B customer experience. The Supply Chain Analyst will work closely with a variety of LDB teams including Customer Care, Distribution, Wholesale Supply Chain, Store Operations, and Merchandising to collect information and implement process improvement. This role will also support the Customer Experience Manager with quality assurance and product recall processes to ensure a safe and secure supply for all LDB customers.
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process. Please note that a cover letter is a requirement for this competition.
Please refer to the sections on special requirement and work conditions in the job description for further details.
An eligibility list may be established for temporary and permanent vacancies. An enhanced security screen (ESS) is required.
If this is your first time applying to the BC Public Service, visit the Resources for Applicants page for tips on creating a profile, searching for job opportunities, and applying to postings.
Only applications submitted using the BC Public Service Recruitment System on this website will be accepted.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Jasdeep Dhaliwal, HR Advisor, Talent and Compensation, Human Resources by by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
Visit Careers at: www.bcldb.com
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or a related field.
- Customer service experience (internal and external customers).
- Experience conducting projects/initiatives to improve operational processes related to customer experience and working closely with clients to identify operational requirements and developing documentation to guide the configuration and development of new business processes and/or technology solutions.
- Experience creating and editing customer communications.
- Experience with reporting tools (i.e. Cognos/Tableau).
An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may be considered.
Preference may be given to candidates with knowledge of, or experience with, the non-medical cannabis industry.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio).
- Familiar with the creation of fillable forms and templates using Adobe Acrobat Professional and PDF form creator.
Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with customers/clients/co-workers.
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to query, manipulate, and organize data from a variety of different sources.
- Ability to understand complex policies, procedures, and work flows.
- Creation of fillable forms and templates using Adobe Acrobat Professional and PDF form creator.