MJ Drywall Ltd.
13474 59 Avenue Surrey BC V3X 1L3
Salary: $32.50/Hourly for 35 hours per week
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Language: English Start
Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High School
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Contractors and Supervisors, Other Construction Trades, Installers, Repairers and Servicers (7219)
NOC Job Title: Drywall- Contractor
Job Location(s): Operating all over lower mainland based at 13474 59 Avenue Surrey BC V3X 1L3
MJ DRYWALL LTD. based at 13474 59 Avenue Surrey BC V3X 1L3is eagerly looking for 1 Construction Supervisor to join its team to work all over the Lower Mainland.
• Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of tradesman such as drywall installers, steel stud framers, and other construction workers in residential and commercial projects.
• Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other subcontractors
•Negotiating contracts with vendors, contractors and sub-contractors
•Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
• Communicating with city by-law officers, WCB inspectors on the site, providing them report of work on the site
• Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality
• Requisition materials and supplies
• Train workers in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
• Recommend personnel actions such as hirings and promotions
• Prepare work progress reports
• Help tradesmen and construction workers in work assignments if needed at workplace
• Prepare layouts in conformance to building codes, using measuring tools.
• May prepare cost estimates for clients.
• Completion of secondary school is required.
• 3-5 years of full-time work experience in the trade is required.
• Ability to communicate in basic English.
• Ability to carry heavy work load and weight.
• Ability to stand for extended hour
• Ability to supervise and instruct team of 10 or more people
As per agreement and BC Employment Standards Act, 4% vacation pay of the gross salary each pay period or 10 days of paid vacation (worker will choose). Transportation to and from work location can be provided at free of cost.
Intended job posting audience
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application. We strongly encourage Students, Youth, Visible minorities, Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Apprentices to apply immediately. We will be looking forward to hear from you.
How to Apply
Mail: 13474 59 Avenue Surrey BC V3X 1L3