Court Clerk R13
This posting is to establish an eligibility list for future permanent and/or temporary vacancies.
A unique opportunity to contribute to the administration of justice in a challenging legal environment
Court Services Branch is responsible for the delivery of all court administration services in BC. These consist of registry, trial support and Sheriff Services for all levels of court. The Registry provides the infrastructure to process documents that are required by the court to ensure timely and effective processing of court cases and support to the justice system.
Flexibility and organization will be key in this role as you provide administrative services to the both the Court and the Registry. Interacting with members of the public, the bar and the judiciary, you will be responsible for pre-/post- and in-court duties including preparing the courtroom and its equipment for court events. Your role will involve managing court files by reviewing them for accuracy; and completing, distributing and interpreting court documents while providing exceptional service to the public.
Providing administrative support to the civil or criminal courts, you will process a variety of documentation required by the court system to accurately reflect court results, primarily by maintaining the computerized case tracking system. You will interact with Crown, Lawyers, Sheriff, Police and other agencies, often interpreting complex documentation in court files in order to process documents accurately. Offering information services to users of the court system and suggesting work-flow and reporting enhancements will also be part of your role. If you are a self-motivated individual with excellent interpersonal skills and exceptional attention to detail seeking a career in a fast-paced environment, we want you on our team.
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals who exemplify the corporate values of the BC Public Service to join our team as Court Clerks.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Kelsey.Thumath@gov.bc.ca . DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to create or update your profile and how to submit your application, please refer to the Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca , before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Secondary school graduation or equivalent (GED).
- Two years office experience, OR
- One-year office experience and a minimum of one-year education/training in a legal related field, OR
- An equivalent combination of experience, education and/or training may be considered.
- Experience/training in keyboarding, data entry, word processing and standard computer applications
- Must have a minimum of 40 WPM keyboarding
Preference may be given to applicants who have the following:
- Experience with JUSTIN and/or CEIS
- Experience delivering customer service
- Must pass enhanced security screening checks
- Union membership is required
- Must be willing to attend and complete relevant training programs
- May be required to travel, including travel in adverse weather conditions and work in other geographical areas, including circuit court locations
- Must have reliable transportation and/or be willing to travel with others
- May be required to work flexible hours, including varied shifts and overtime on short notice
- For part time positions: the hours and days of work will vary depending on operational demand, working extra hours and short notice schedule changes may be required
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
An Enhanced Security Screening will be required.
Cover letter required: NO – Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.
Resume required: YES – A resume is required as part of your application, however, it may not be used for initial shortlisting purposes.
Questionnaire: YES (COMPREHENSIVE) – As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
IMPORTANT: Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.