Company Name: Champ’s Fresh Farms Inc.
Job Title: Director of Operations
Number of Positions Available: 1
Wage: $180,000.00 /year
Anticipated start date: As soon as possible
Job Type: Full time, Permanent position
Job Location: Champ’s Fresh Farms Inc,
3151 260th Street,
Aldergrove, BC, V4W 2ZS
NOC: 0911 Manufacturing Managers
WHO WE ARE
Champ’s Fresh Farms Inc. is Western Canada’s largest mushroom distributor located in the Fraser Valley of southwestern British Columbia. As a prominent leader in the mushroom marketing genre, Champ’s Mushrooms consistently provides leading concepts in distribution & quality control for the mushroom industry. Our growing business is seeking an experienced Director of Operations who possesses proven leadership skills, as well as a strong ability to deal with change across a multi-site operation and make sound decisions that encourage corporate growth.
Reporting directly to the President, the primary role of the Director of Operations is to oversee all aspects of composting, mushroom growing and production in our Aldergrove Manufacturing plant facility located in the Fraser Valley, maximize the level of operational, financial, and quality performance in a manner that delivers on annual measures and goals. Measures include positive results in modernizing mushroom production, mushroom performance, product quality, quick delivery time, cost reduction and compliance to specification, customer satisfaction, operational flexibility, and Lean process management system. The Director of Operations provides leadership to all employees within the facilities in a manner that drives productivity, creates engagement and maintains a safe work environment.
As the leader of the mushroom production management team, this role includes active participation in annual business planning, operations projects including modernization of our mushroom facilities, key initiates, and developing positive cross functional interactions between all mushroom productions departments.
Main Position Duties:
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the Mushroom production operations at our manufacturing establishment
- Develop and implement plans to efficiently use materials, labour and equipment to meet production targets
- Plan and manage our establishment of departmental budget for all Mushroom production operations and manufacturing plant
- Develop production schedules and maintain an inventory of raw materials and finished products
- Plan and implement changes to farm and manufacturing plant machinery and equipment, production systems and methods of work
- Direct quality control inspection system and develop production reporting procedures
- Develop equipment maintenance schedules and recommend the replacement of machines
- Recruit, supervise and train employees. Oversee training of employees in the use of new equipment or production techniques.
Business Equipment and Computer Applications
- Word processing software; Spreadsheet; Internet; Database software; Electronic mail
Type of Industry Experience
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Work under pressure; Attention to detail; Tight deadlines
Ability to Supervise
- Team player; Excellent oral communication; Excellent written communication; Judgement; Values and ethics; Reliability; Organize
- College or University Diploma in Food, Manufacturing or Process is an asset but not required
- Minimum of 15 years active progressive experience in a mushroom production, composting in the harvesting environment is essential
- 5 to 10 years supervisory experience in manufacturing and production operations is required
- Knowledge & application of lean manufacturing principles is required
- Experience in modern production & supply chain of mushrooms is required
- Experience working under a HACCP system and maintaining this system is required
- Experience in building a high-performance culture with a strong people orientation and work environment, policies and practices is essential.
- High school or equivalent
How to apply: