The First Nations Education Steering Committee (FNESC) is an independent society led by a strong and diverse board of over 100 First Nations community representatives. FNESC is committed to improving education for all First Nations students in BC. FNESC works in partnership with the First Nations School Association (FNSA), and the Indigenous Adult Higher Learning Association (IAHLA), as well as other partner organizations.
Since its establishment in 1992, FNESC has worked to communicate the priorities of BC First Nations to the federal and provincial governments and to support First Nations communities in working together to advance education issues. Communications, research, partnership-building and advocacy are all central to FNESC’s activities.
We are currently recruiting for an Executive Assistant to join our team and play a key role in our commitment to improve education for all First Nations students in BC.
As one of the leaders of the FNESC administrative team, the FNESC Executive Assistant will provide supervision and direction to three (3) administrative staff, administrative support for the FNESC Board of Directors, the Executive Committee, the Executive Director, and the Manager of Executive Services. The position will also provide administrative support for major negotiating initiatives under the direction of the Manager of Executive Services.
The Successful candidate will be/have:
- In possession of a Degree in Education, Arts, Business Administration, or another related field;
- At least three (3) years’ experience supervising, directing and leading employees;
- At least five (5) years’ experience of administrative and/or secretarial experience in a busy office or non-profit environment, including experience working with executives and/or a Board of Directors;
- Excellent communication, time management, organizational and supervisory skills;
- Sensitive to First Nation’s culture, and educational issues;
- Energetic, innovative and willing to contribute to a team effort.
FNESC offers a competitive salary (up to $55,000/year) depending on qualifications and experience, an excellent benefit package that includes employer paid extended medical, dental and disability, above average vacation entitlement, a professional development allowance, and a professional and respectful workplace.
To apply, please forward your resume with a cover letter via email to email@example.com.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position. However, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome application from all interested candidates.