Sidhu Blueberry Farms Ltd. is currently hiring one full-time “Farm Manager” who can efficiently manage overall farm operations of blueberry farm located in Langley (BC).
Company: Sidhu Blueberry Farms Ltd.
Type of Business: Blueberry Farm
Position: Farm Manager
Number of positions: 1
Terms of employment: Full-time – Permanent; Year- round work
Salary: $20.50 per hour
Accommodation: Available (if required)
Anticipated start date: As soon as possible
Farm/Work Locations: 23500, 64 Avenue, Langley, BC, V2Y 2G7
- Manage the overall operations of the farm (e.g. growth, harvesting, packaging, sales etc.)
- Evaluate, identify and arrange key requirements in equipment, infrastructure and work force.
- Establish and execute marketing program to increase blueberry production and revenue.
- Organize and coordinate planting, cultivation and harvesting activities of the farm.
- Ensure that farm machinery, equipment and buildings are well maintained
- Plan pesticide and nutrient applications and maintain records.
- Maintain financial and production records.
- Hire and train workers.
- Perform other farm duties as and when required.
- Completion of secondary school.
- Education in agriculture or related to crop production would be an asset, but not mandatory.
- 2-3 years of relevant farm work experience is required.
- Accommodation will be provided at $30/week (if required).
- Transportation to workplace is available (if required).
Essential Skills required:
Problem-solving, Decision making, Critical thinking, Significant use of memory.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities:
Physically demanding, Work under pressure, a combination of sitting, standing and walking.
Outdoors, wet, damp, rain, shine, hot, cold weather
How to apply:
Interested candidates are welcome to apply by sending their resume with contact information by:
Mail: 4678, 272 Street, Langley, BC, V4W 1N3