Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High School
Positions Available: 2
NOC Group: Farm Supervisors and Specialized Livestock Workers (8253)
NOC Job Title: Farm Supervisor
4674 176 Street
Surrey, British Columbia
V3S 0L5 Canada
Number of Hours: 40 hours per week, over time to start after 40 hours a week.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Schedule and oversee the work of general farm laborers and pickers.
- Co-ordinate harvesting, irrigation and drainage activities to ensure peak efficiency
- Regular preventative maintenance.
- Train new staff and ensure they are aware of company policies and are given role clarity and to enable them to competently carry out tasks required of them.
- Ensure that health and safety policies and procedures are understood and strictly followed.
- Promote and project positive attitude towards farm and its’ objectives.
- Oversee the overall handling of produce to ensure production meets the highest quality of standards for the company.
- Make reports on time, equipment, materials, and production; keeps records and prepares estimates of needs.
- Determines number and kind of workers needed to perform required work, and schedule activities.
- Requisitions and purchases farm supplies, such as insecticides, machine parts or lubricants and tools.
- Directs or assist in adjustments, repair, and maintenance of farm machinery and equipment.
- Completion of Secondary School.
- 6 months to 1 year experience as a Farmer.
- Punjabi speaking is an asset.
Fast-paced environment, work under pressure, repetitive tasks, ability to work in various work environments.
- Problem solving
- Decision making
- Significant use of memory
- Time management
- Continuous learning
How to Apply
Contact: Karan Multani