- Supervise the day to day activities of the Blueberry Pickers in the different fields.
- Supervise the spraying of the blueberry plants with herbicides and fungicides while following all safety regulations and Food Safe requirements.
- Ensure the Blueberry Pickers have clean buckets, containers, and flats to pick the fruit in.
- Confirm that the daily driver log books are filled out and all vehicles are safe to operate.
Skills and Requirements:
- Have pruning knowledge to prune the plants in the fall when the plants are dormant.
- Have farm equipment knowledge and be able to operate tractors, trucks, and to use spray tankers.
- Have general irrigation system knowledge and be able to manage plant water intake.
- Have a valid drivers license.
- Have a First Aid certificate.
- Have a good understanding of farming and farm practices.
- Have good communication skills.
- Have the ability to work well with others.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: