Join us to make a lasting impact!
The First Nations Education Steering Committee (FNESC) is an independent society led by a strong and diverse board of about 100 First Nations community representatives. FNESC is committed to improving education for all First Nations students in BC. FNESC works in partnership with the First Nations School Association (FNSA), and the Indigenous Adult Higher Learning Association (IAHLA), as well as other partner organizations.
We are currently searching Finance Officer to join our team and play a key role in supporting our commitment to improve education for all First Nation students in BC.
The Finance Officer works with the Director of Finance and the Account Payable assistant, conducts finance related activities for the First Nations Education Steering Committee (FNESC), First Nations School Association (FNSA) and the Indigenous Adult and Higher Learning Association (IAHLA).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintaining cheque requisition spreadsheet;
- Reviewing invoices, travel claims and expenses claims;
- Organizing and managing the accounts receivable;
- Ensuring that Directors/Managers are aware of new funding as it becomes available and that the accounts receivable is up to date and accurate;
- Making monthly deposits;
- Working with the Program Managers and the ICT department creating program allocation databases and allocation and payment reports at the beginning of the fiscal year;
- Compiling information from credit card logs and prepare credit card monthly reconciliations and credit card payment journals;
- Managing petty cash and maintain petty cash tracking sheet. Prepare petty cash journal monthly;
- Assisting other staff in managing financial aspects of workshops and conferences;
- Working with the finance team, prepare and implement appropriate forms to track expenditures and corresponding approvals;
- Performing other tasks as requested by the Director of Finance or designate.
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum of 3rd level CGA or equivalent education and at least 2 years’ experience working in an accounting or Financial position;
- Computer literacy with Microsoft with an emphasis on Excel, and ACCPAC or any other computerized Accounting;
- Proven understanding of bookkeeping and accounting principles;
- Strong financial analysis skills, and excellent oral communication skills;
- Excellent organizational and office management skills.
We offer full-time meaningful work in a professional, friendly, and respectful office environment which is easily accessible by transit and right next door to Park Royal Mall. We enjoy having occasional lunches together as a team – pizza is one of our favourites. Our benefits and pension plans are above average, as is our vacation entitlement. We also offer professional development and a health and wellness subsidy for all of our employees.
This is a full-time position with most of the work being done between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. However, the nature of this position is such that occasional work outside of those hours, including weekend work, may be required.
The salary for this position is between $50,000 – $56,500 per year.
We thank everyone who applies for their interest in FNESC. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications, we are only able to respond to those applicants who are selected for an interview. We cannot respond to telephone or email inquiries.
If what we have to offer fits what you’re looking for, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org