Senior Financial Analyst – Policy & Audit
Financial Officer R21
An eligibility list may be established.
A unique opportunity to apply your financial expertise in this exciting role
The Financial & Administrative Services Branch is the central financial team within the Corporate Services Division of the Ministry of Citizens’ Services and is responsible for the overall financial management framework. Services include; budgeting and forecasting for expenditures; recoveries; corporate monitoring and reporting; core financial operations; financial policy advice; contract management administration and expertise; risk & assurance; and facilities coordination.
Senior Financial Analyst provides financial analyst-audit services and financial policy advisory services to multiple programs, projects and/or business lines within the Ministry of Citizens’ Services.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Sabrina.Hastings@gov.bc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Post-secondary degree in related field (e.g. accounting, computing science, business administration) with a minimum three (3) years of progressive financial experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.(e.g. a diploma in a related field such as business administration or commerce and five (5) years progressive financial experience or more than five (5) years of progressive financial experience). Completion of formal course work leading to a professional accounting designation and a minimum of three (3) years of progressive financial experience preferred.
- Three or more years’ experience in financial application and reporting systems development and implementation.
- Experience or training related to supervising staff. Preference may be give to applicants with one or more years of experience as a supervisor or team lead.
- Demonstrated experience in business analysis, process modelling, business report design and development.
- Project management experience.
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Office suite, MS Access, Excel, query and reporting tools.
- Experience working on a team.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover Letter: NO
Resume: YES – Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
Questionnaire: YES (COMPREHENSIVE) – As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
IMPORTANT: Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.