• Sell various types of insurance policies including automobile, fire, life, property, medical and dental insurance.
• Customize insurance programs to suit individual customers, often covering a variety of risks.
• Ensure that policy requirements are fulfilled, including any necessary medical examinations and the completion of appropriate forms.
• Inspect property, examining its general condition, type of construction, age, and other characteristics, to decide if it is a good insurance policy.
• Calculate premiums and establish payment method.
• Call on policyholders to deliver and explain policy, to analyze insurance program and suggest additions or changes, or to change beneficiaries.
• Monitor insurance claims to ensure they are settled equitably for both the client and the insurer.
• Seek out new clients and develop clientele by networking to find new customers and generate lists of prospective clients.
• Contact underwriter and submit forms to obtain binder coverage.
• Perform administrative tasks, such as maintaining records and handling policy renewals.
• Provide information concerning group and individual insurance packages, the range of risk coverage, benefits paid and other policy features
• Completion of secondary school is required.
• On-the-job training and insurance courses and training programs are provided and are required for employment.
• Proficient with MS Office
• Attention to detail and accuracy