Full Stack Developer – Level 1
Information Systems R24
An eligibility list may be established.
An excellent senior opportunity for a dedicated professional
British Columbia’s Natural Resource Ministries (NRMs) are the stewards of the Province’s Crown land and natural resources which reflect the diverse values and interests of all British Columbians. In order to support the growth of the economy while providing effective environmental stewardship, the province’s NRMs must transform in order to advance the shared management of British Columbia’s natural resources.
The Information, Innovation and Technology (ITT) Division is leading the modernization and transformation of business practices for the NRMs through continuous improvement projects, new technology options and operational information management/information technology (IM/IT). The IIT Division is providing leadership for IM/IT planning, policy and business process solutions and is also the single authority for all information and technology across the NRMs. The IIT Division also leads and supports the Natural Resource Permitting Project (NRPP), as it wraps up its work on streamlining processes and integrating decision-making through platforms like the Natural Resource Online Services (NROS) website.
This position is responsible for the development and delivery of scalable web applications in a continuous deployment environment.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Sid.Tobias@gov.bc.ca . DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or in a related field, OR
- Diploma in Computer Science or in a related field plus 2 years of related work experience, OR
- Certificate in Computer Science or in a related field plus 3 years of related work experience, OR
- Secondary school graduation or equivalent (GED) plus 4 years of related work experience or equivalent.
- Minimum two years’ recent experience as a Full Stack Developer of cloud-native systems. Recent experience must include experience in two (2) of the following areas:
- Frontend Development
- Backend Development
- DevOps (Automated Operations and Support)
- Quality Assurance.
- Experience working in an agile development environment to iteratively create or improve digital products and services from conception to production. Preference may be given to applicants with six months or more experience.
- Experience with REST Web API development and integration. Preference may be given to applicants with six months or more experience.
- Experience with continuous integration, continuous delivery, and continuous deployment principles. Preference may be given to applicants with six months or more experience.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover Letter: NO
Resume: YES – Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
Questionnaire: YES (COMPREHENSIVE) – As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
IMPORTANT: Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.