***Please DO NOT apply for this position by submitting your profile on this BC Government Hiring Centre website. Applications must be made via the following directions.***
Intermediate Test Automation Developer
Branch: Information Technology Services
Classification: Information Systems R24
Job Type: Regular Full time
Salary Range: $65, 735 to $75,011 per annum(Salary includes a temporary market adjustment of 6.6%)
Closing Date: Sept. 28, 2018
Geographically Restricted: No
Security Screening: Required
Why work with us?
At BC Pension Corporation, we are committed to our people. We are an organization with wellbeing at its core; offering an outstanding workplace experience where all employees can achieve their full potential. Some highlights of what we offer include:
- Flexible work schedules (mobility work, modified work weeks, job sharing, etc.)
- Competitive compensation
- Ongoing training and professional development opportunities
- Comprehensive extended health and dental benefits for you and your family, including 100% employer paid MSP premium coverage
- Defined benefit pension program
- Health & wellness programs – lunchtime seminars, community health activities (yoga, kayaking, etc.) and a comprehensive Employee & Family Assistance Program
One in nine BC citizens is a member of one of the five pension plans we serve
To learn more about us and how you can be a part of a culture that encourages innovation, continuous improvement and a passion for delivering an outstanding customer experience, visit bcpensioncorp.ca
What is the opportunity?
Under the direction of the Senior Test Automation Developer, this position is responsible for providing analytical and programming expertise for the development, enhancement and maintenance of the Pensions corporations automated test suite. The Intermediate Test Automation Developer plays a key role in ensuring the integrity and quality of the Corporations Information Systems and services.
What do you need to succeed?
- Bachelors Computer Science Required and (2) years of related experience; OR
- Diploma in Computer Science or related discipline and (3) years of related experience; OR
- Certificate in Computer Science or related discipline and (4) years of related experience; OR
- An equivalent combination of education, training and (5) years of related experience
The candidate must have 2 years recent practical experience, as follows:
- Providing solutions for automated testing suites using Java and/or Java Script;
- Performing Test automation maintenance or enhancements;
- Experience with various Test Automation Frameworks; and
- Familiarity and demonstrated experience with PLSQL.
- Integration tools – TIBCO BusinessWorks 5.x/6.x, IBM IIB 9.x/10.x, Mulesoft 3.x, SAG WebMethods
- BPM – TIBCO BPM 4.x, IBM BPM 7.x/8.x,
- Reporting – Spotfire 7.x, SAP BOBJ 4.x, Tableau 10.x
- Messaging – TIBCO EMS 7.x/8.x, Rendezvous, IBM MQ
- API Management – TIBCO Mashrey, IBM DataPower, Mulesoft API Manager
- Continuous Integration – Jenkins, Hudson
- Testing / Performance – SOAP UI, LoadComplete, TestComplete, Cross Browser Testing.
- XML / XSD development – Altova, Oxygen
- PL/SQL Developer, SQL Management Studio/Express
Technical / Development Skills
- OS – Linux, Windows Server
- Database – JDBC, Oracle 11/12, SQL Server 2012/2016, Postgres
- SQL / PL/SQL / TOAD
- Web Services – XML/XSLT/XSD/REST/JSON/SOAP/WSDL
- Modeling – MS Visio, UML, BPMN
- Patterns – Design, SOA, OO
- Networking – TCP/UDP, Firewalls, Load balancing
- Documentation – technical writing skills, functional specification
- Security – WS-Security, PKI, TLS, SAML 1.2/2.0
- Code Management – SVN, CVS, GIT
- Certification – ISTQB Foundation Certified Tester
Interested in applying?
To learn more about the Intermediate Test Automation Developer position, please review the job description at the bottom of this page.
|Your resume must provide detailed information about your education and employment history in order to clearly demonstrate how you meet the job requirements as listed above. Please ensure your resume includes the month and year(s) for each job in your employment history as well as the job related responsibilities.
Please apply through our career website: https://bcpensioncorp.prevueaps.ca/jobs/
Contact: Human Resources
If you are unable to access the links, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lesser qualified applicants may be appointed at a lower level. An eligibility list may be established. Testing may be required.
We thank you for your interest in working with us. You will be informed of your status in this competition as soon as possible.
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm PST on the closing date referenced above. Late applications will not be considered.
Diversity & Inclusion
BC Pension Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to establishing an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment for all. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or any other basis protected by applicable law.
We are committed to ensuring that reasonable accommodations are made available to persons with disabilities during the recruitment, assessment and selection processes and will provide reasonable accommodations upon request. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us at email@example.com.