IM/IT Procurement Specialist
Information Systems R27
An eligibility list may be established for future permanent and/or temporary vacancies.
An excellent opportunity to join this dynamic team and apply your technological skills
Procurement Services, part of the Ministry of Citizens’ Services, supports government as the lead agency for procuring and supplying the products and services required by government and the broader public sector to provide services to the people of British Columbia.
The IM/IT Procurement Specialist will remain abreast of enterprise information management and information technology (IM/IT) architecture strategies and standards. The role will provide IM/IT solution-oriented procurement advice to Procurement Services Branch clients and peers to support the enterprise’s objectives. It is expected that the IM/IT Procurement Specialist will offer their expertise to senior staff, management and executive in order to meet IM/IT goals while providing best value for money.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Sandeep.Sahota@gov.bc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Undergraduate degree related to business administration, computer science and/or information and communication technology. A post graduate degree in business administration and/or computer science is preferred.
- At least 5 years of direct experience related to information management and information technology.
- At least 2 year of experience in an information management and information technology procurement environment preferably in the role of analyst, contract manager, project manager, service manager, portfolio manager where a thorough experience of procurement and information management and information technology lifecycles has been acquired.
- Preferred experience in developing infrastructure strategy and roadmaps.
- Preferred experience with risk plans including the identification of risks and mitigation strategies.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover Letter: NO
Resume: YES – Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
Questionnaire: YES – As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete an online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements.