Senior Technical Analyst
Information Systems 27R
Three regular, full time permanent positions are currently available.
Two positions are located in Victoria, B.C.; one is located in Coquitlam, B.C.
An eligibility list may be established for future similar permanent and/or temporary vacancies in the above locations.
The Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure plans transportation networks, provides transportation services and infrastructure, develops and implements transportation policies, and administers many related acts and regulations as well as federal-provincial funding programs, including the Building Canada Fund. The Ministry opens up B.C. through innovative, forward-thinking transportation strategies that move people and goods safely, and fuel our provincial economy. Improvement of vital infrastructure is a key goal, along with enhancing the competitiveness of B.C.’s transportation industries, reducing transportation-related greenhouse gas emissions and providing B.C. with a safe and reliable highway system.
To deliver on the Ministry’s mandate, the Information Management Branch supports the Ministry’s IM/IT requirements with innovative and responsive services. The Branch partners with central agencies and service providers in the provision of timely, cost effective solutions.
The Senior Technical Analyst manages the acquisition and servicing of infrastructure technology products and related services, develops and establishes computer systems infrastructure technology policies, procedures and standards, and provides advice and counsel to branch and ministry staff, clients and vendors.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Cynthia.Kerwin@gov.bc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to create or update your profile and how to submit your application, please refer to the Job Application page on the MyHR website.
In addition to this exciting opportunity in one of these great locations, the BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please visit What the BC Public Service offers You.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.
To be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Degree in computer science field or equivalent and three years of related experience; OR,
- Diploma in computer science field or equivalent and five years of related experience; OR,
- Secondary School graduation or equivalent and ten years of related experience.
- Experience managing projects, developing action plans, and leading technical teams for large technical projects in an IM/IT enterprise environment.
- Experience in assessing customer requirements, and implementing technical and business solutions.
- Experience coordinating resolution of technical and business problems while managing multiple tasks and priorities.
- Experience evaluating technology architecture and new technologies in order to implement new application architecture solutions that satisfy business needs.
- Experience providing technical advice and guidance to work teams, managers and executive.
- Preference may be given for experience working with oracle web logic application server.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover Letter: NO – Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.
Resume: YES – Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying. Your resume must provide detailed information about your education and experience including the job related responsibilities and the month(s) and year(s) for your education and for each job in your employment history.
Questionnaire: YES – As part of the application process you will be prompted to complete an online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements.