Surrey Gold Jewellers Ltd
Unit 103 12885 80 Avenue , Surrey, BC V3W 0E6
Terms of employment: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $23.00/hour for 40 hours a week
Job Location: Unit 103 12885 80 Avenue , Surrey, BC V3W 0E6
We are looking to add 2 Jewellers into our business to work permanent, full-time. We are conveniently located in the Payal Business Centre. As a Jeweller, ideal candidate will be asked to:
• Fabricate and repair precious and semi-precious metal jewellery, such as rings, brooches, pendants, bracelets and lockets
• Examine, cut, shape and polish precious and synthetic gems using optical instruments, cutting disks and laps
• Appraise gemstones to differentiate between stones, identify rare specimens and to detect peculiarity affecting stone values
• Set precious and semi-precious stones in jewellery mountings, according to specifications
• Enlarge or reduce size of rings by sawing through band, adding or removing metal, and soldering ends together
• Clean and polish jewelry using polishing wheels and chemical baths
• Reshape and restyle old jewelry following designs or instructions using hand tools and machines such as jeweler’s lathe and drill
• Smooth joints and rough spots using hand file and emery paper
• Completion of secondary school is required.
• 2-3 years experience as a jewellery, clock or watch assembler or Completion of a college or other program, or apprenticeship training in watch or jewellery repair or gemology is required.
Benefits: After 3 months of service, the company will provide extended medical benefits that include dental and prescription.
If eligible, please send your resume along with a cover letter via:
Mail: Unit 103 12885 80 Avenue , Surrey, BC V3W 0E6