Company: Gillson Trucking Ltd.
Long haul truck driver (NOC: 7511/ 7411)
Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full Time, Overtime, Weekend, Day, Night, Evening
Wage Rate: $23.60 – $26.00 Hourly, for 50.00 Hours per week, Overtime paid after 60 hours.
- To support candidate financially, our company will cover 25 % of transportation costs for moving their belongings, if they are willing to relocate to BC.
- We will offer paid time off, with “prior notice” – volunteer within the community * can be discussed in detail at the time of interview*
Anticipated Start Date (at the latest in 3 months): As soon as possible
Education: Not required
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.):Driver’s Licence (Class 1 or A), Air Brake (Z) Endorsement
Experience: No experience required. Paid on job training will be provided.
Languages: Basic English
Type of Trucking and Equipment: Straight truck (4,600kg+ or 10,000lbs+ with 3+ axles), Tractor-trailer, Flatbed, Refrigerated, Logging, highway
Type of Travel:Long-haul, Regional, Provincial/territorial.
Documentation Knowledge:Driver logbook, Bill of lading, Inspection report (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip), Trans-border documentation, Maintenance and repair reports, Trip reports
Communication Equipment Experience:Citizens band (CB) radio, Cellular phone, Satellite tracking (GPS) equipment
Weight Handling: More than 45 kg (100 lbs)
- Operate and drive straight or articulated trucks to transport goods and materials,
- Loading and unloading of goods,
- Tarping and ensuring safety and security of cargo,
- Plan travel schedules and routes,
- Receive and relay information to central dispatcher,
- Drive as part of a two-person team or convoy,
- Pay and receive payments for goods,
- Oversee condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes,
Security and Safety: Basic security clearance, Criminal record check, Driving record check (abstract), Medical exam, Drug test
Transportation/Travel Information:Willing to travel cross-border, willing to travel for extended periods, willing to travel overnight, valid driver’s licence
Work Location Information: Various locations across North America.
Essential Skills: Working with others, Problem solving, Job task planning and organizing, significant use of memory
Other: Candidate must be legally entitled to work in Canada and must be willing to drive long haul trucks as a two person team. Basic English is required to understand road signs and fill log book.
How to Apply:
By Mail:109-30468, Great Northern Ave, Abbotsford, BC V2T 6Y6, Canada
By Email: email@example.com