Salary Range: $62,983.74 – $78,666.02 annually.
Senior Crown Contaminated Sites Specialist
Licensed Scientific Officer Other 3
This posting is to establish an eligibility list for future permanent and/or temporary vacancies.
This includes one (1) immediate temporary opportunity until May 31, 2019.
This position can be performed from any of the following communities: Victoria, Vancouver, Nanaimo. Other locations may be considered based on operational considerations of the ministry. Board and lodging and relocation expenses do not apply.
It is anticipated interviews for this competition will occur the Week of May 7 – 11
Join a dynamic team of contaminated sites professionals in Victoria, Nanaimo or Vancouver.
An excellent opportunity to apply your contaminated sites expertise with an employer who offers a highly desirable work life balance and an excellent benefits package including flex days.
The position is a recognized expert in the areas of characterization, assessment and remediation of high risk contaminated sites. Critical skills and expertise in contaminated sites, environmental engineering, geosciences, hydrogeology, toxicology, acid rock drainage and metal leaching, and soil science are used to assess, recommend and implement appropriate investigation and remedial strategies, and risk management measures to protect public health and the environment.
The BC Public Service offers a healthy work/life balance, excellent benefits, including one of the best pension plans available, and a variety of opportunities for career learning and development. Regular, full time Professional Employee Association members are also entitled to 7% allowance in Lieu of Overtime Shiftwork and Standby (taken as time or money), have a 35 hour work week, and 4 weeks’ annual paid leave entitlement. To find out more, explore What the BC Public Service offers You
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Heather.Johnstone@gov.bc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to create or update your profile and how to submit your application, please refer to the Job Application page on the MyHR website.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Master of Science degree in engineering or geoscience and three (3) years related experience; OR Bachelors degree in engineering, geoscience or agrology and five (5) years related experience, OR an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Full registration, or eligibility for full registration (within 6 months), with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of British Columbia or the BC Institute of Agrologists (BCIA) .
Related experience must include:
- Professional experience, generally obtained post-registration, ideally in both private and public practice, as a Professional Engineer, Geoscientist or Agrologist in the area of contaminated site investigation, remediation and management.
- Experience with managing multiple complex projects simultaneously, following accepted project management techniques.
- Experience with issues management, negotiation, and strategic problem solving, and providing expertise, and advice in the implementation of solutions to industry clients, internal staff, other agencies, and management.
- Experience providing advice, both written and verbal, to senior management.
Preference may be given to applicants with the following:
- Seven (7) years or more related experience.
- Contract management experience.
- Experience in a range of indigenous and stakeholder management, issues management and communications.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover Letter: YES – A cover letter is required as part of your application. The content and/or format of your cover letter may be evaluated as part of the assessment process.
Resume: YES – A resume is required as part of your application, however, it may not be used for initial shortlisting purposes.
Questionnaire – YES (COMPREHENSIVE) As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
IMPORTANT: Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.
Close Date 5/2/2018