- Ontario NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
LSO OTHR 3 – Visual Resource Management Specialist
LSO OTHR 3 – Visual Resource Management Specialist – (54298)
Chilliwack, BC V4Z 1A7 CA
Multiple Locations, BC CA (Primary)
Nanaimo, BC V9T6L8 CA
Port Alberni, BC V9Y 8Y9 CA
Squamish, BC V8B 0H3 CA
Surrey, BC V5V 3K4 CA
Visual Resource Management Specialist
Licensed Science Officer (Other) 3
This position is located in Nanaimo, however, Port Alberni, Chilliwack, Campbell River, Squamish or Surrey may also be considered subject to the successful candidate’s current location and Ministry operational requirements.
This position is also posted as a STO under REQ 56341. https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/56341
An eligibility list may be established.
If this position interests you and you meet the required criteria, we look forward to your application
This position provides specialized expertise and leadership in the field of visual resource management of Crown land, including implementation of legislation, policies and procedures for the protection and enhancement of visual and scenic values for public recreational enjoyment and the tourism sector. This position promotes a balanced approach to forest management and other industrial activities on BC’s visually sensitive landscape.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Craig.Wickland@gov.bc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to create or update your profile and how to submit your application, please refer to the Job Application page on the MyHR website.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education, experience and professional designation requirement as outlined below:
- Registration or eligible for registration either as an R.P.F. with the Association of BC Forest Professionals (preferred) or as a P.Ag. with the BC Institute of Agrologists, or as a P.Eng. with the Association of BC Professional Engineers and Geoscientists.
- Master’s degree in forestry or related resource management field and a combined 3 years of forestry related experience and visual resource management experience, or;
- Bachelor’s degree in forestry or related resource management field and a combined 5 years of forestry related experience and visual resource management experience, or;
- Technical Diploma in forestry or related resource management field and a combined 7 years of forestry related experience and visual resource management experience.
- Experience in visual resource management concepts, principles and practices.
- Valid BC Class 5 Drivers Licence or equivalent.
- Preference may be given to applicants with any of the following:
- Experience in photography.
- Experience in GIS mapping or similar visual management tools.
- Experience in forest recreation management and/or wilderness tourism.
Please include your registration number for your speciality area within your application as you must be registered or immediately eligible for registration as a fully licensed professional with one of the following associations: Association of BC Forest Professionals, BC Institute of Agrologists, or Engineers and Geoscientists BC (Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of the Province of British Columbia). If you are not yet registered with any of these Professional Associations, please explain how you are immediately eligible for registration (i.e. currently a fully licensed registered professional member in good standing in another Canadian jurisdiction and can immediately transfer to the ABCFP, the BCIA or the Engineers and Geoscientists BC). ***If you do not meet this qualification please apply to the Scientific Technical Officer opportunity through Requisition 56341. https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/56341
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover Letter: NO
Resume: YES – Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying. A resume is required as part of your application, however, it may not be used for initial shortlisting purposes.
Questionnaire – YES (COMPREHENSIVE) As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
IMPORTANT: Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: