HSBC Bank Canada, a subsidiary of HSBC Holdings plc, is the largest and leading international bank in the Canada, with assets of US$2,522bn as at 31 December, 2017. HSBC serves customers worldwide through an international network of around 3,900 offices in 67 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, North and Latin America, and the Middle East and North Africa.
We help companies and individuals across Canada to manage their finances through three global business lines: Commercial Banking, Global Banking and Markets, and Retail Banking and Wealth Management.
It’s this global connectivity that you will find yourself inspired and collaborating with colleagues not just locally but also across continents and cultures.
About Retail Banking & Wealth Management
Retail Banking and Wealth Management serves millions of customers worldwide, helping them manage their day – to day finances and save for the future. We also connect institutional and retail clients with investment opportunities through our Global Asset Management division. We are committed to building long-term relationships with our customers, offering products and services to help them reach their goals and aspirations. We continue to exponentially grow our market share in Canada year on year.
Key Objectives for Premier Relationship Manager
The role is a client facing role managing our highest value clients where professionalism, client focus and a broad understanding of the fundamentals of financial planning are critical to the success of the business. The role holder has a responsibility to acquire, develop and retain relationships with Premier clients, working with the broader branch and direct teams to ensure achievement of the business performance measures and plan (as defined by RBWM).
This will be achieved by active management of a portfolio of Premier clients, acquiring new HSBC clients and upgrading existing clients through becoming the trusted advisor to them. It will also entail reviewing the portfolio regularly to ensure the solutions are still suitable to meet clients’ needs and embed client loyalty by meeting their needs either directly or through other internal business partners.
In order to deliver the business objectives you will need to refer non-qualified business to appropriate parties following proposition protocol and attract business with new clients by understanding their financial needs and delivering high standards of service quality. The identification of opportunities for wealth reviews and delivering wealth solutions as an adviser are amongst the key activities to achieve your goals.
In delivering the business objectives you must also maintain the levels of operational integrity required by HSBC Group, closely managing your individual and the collective performance of your wider team. Creating and maintaining an environment and relationships where you and the wider Branch team maximise performance in achieving the RBWM business objectives.
The identification of opportunities for wealth reviews and delivering wealth solutions as an adviser are amongst the key activities to achieve your goals as complied with local regulatory requirement.
You are accountable for the performance of your portfolio and need to ensure it is effectively run managing to the Target Operating Model (TOM) as defined by HSBC Group.
- Own the client relationship with HSBC
- Maintain a deep understanding and technical knowledge of relevant products and services available from Group sources and elsewhere in order to provide the best solutions for clients and maximise revenues for Global Wealth and the Group
- Maintain highest standard of excellence in client service across the team and with individual portfolio – Ongoing analysis of client portfolios through marketing of ideas and researching clients
- Monitor client satisfaction data implementing portfolio level improvements
- Work with the broader branch, support and direct teams to ensure achievement of the business performance measures by delivering differentiated products and services to the client
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets.
- To work as part of an integrated branch management team to ensure, standards and are met and operating models delivered
- Proactively support others through direct and indirect actions beyond activities particular to this role
- Collaborate with the wider team to deliver the Branch RBWM Performance measures and plan to support the multi channel client journey
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues in the wider RBWM businesses and others as appropriate to service client needs
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
- Ensuring that sales & operations are undertaken in accordance with HSBC Bank plc FIM, BIM and Credit Policy Manual appropriate lending guidelines
- Agree and manage lending facilities within any agreed Approval Authority (RAA)
- Manage operational risk, by using relevant MI to identify risk situations and take any appropriate action to minimise loss
- Adhere to selling process and sales quality requirements
- Ensure that all employees are aware of and effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of three years proven and progressive financial services and/or retail sales experience or equivalent
- Evidence of strong sales results in insurance and investment products
- Relationship management experience with high net worth clients
- Strong technical skills in wealth management
- Strong communication, client focus and influencing skills
- Strong sales orientation, networking and portfolio management skills
- Sound knowledge of financial services products and services and the client relationship management system
- Understanding of business banking client segment and products and services
- Clear view on how to work with Compliance, Credit & Risk and Internal Control to ensure a balanced risk operating environment
- Willingness to be mobile in local community
- Able to communicate well in English, Understands / speaks second language is an asset
- Completion of Mutual Fund Licensing. Requires completion of:
- Investment Funds in Canada Course; Canadian Investment Funds Course; or Canadian Securities Course; and
- Mutual Fund Skills Builders Course
- Good Knowledge of personal investment and credit financing
- Completion of HSBC Business School and accreditation
- Completion of Personal Financial Planning Designation (PFP) within two years of employment; For Quebec only, ICB certificate of achievement – Advanced Personal Finance within two years of employment
- Have an understanding of the immediate regional Global Wealth strategy and the ability to plan own activities accordingly
- Be ambitious about providing the highest standards of delivery to colleagues and clients
- Show ability to set stretch goals for self and the ability to deliver these with courage and tenacity
- Be authentic and show ability to engage with colleagues and clients to deliver at pace
- Make considered decisions that protect HSBC & Global Wealth values, reputation and businesses
Global Wealth Management – Relationship Manager Technical Capabilities (refer to PRM Capability Framework for more details)
- Sales orientation
- Portfolio management
- Communicating & influencing
- Marketplace knowledge
- Business understanding
- Premier products and services
- HSBC services and propositions
- Risk and compliance
- Business processes
- Tools and system
Note: Capability Requirements (for the role holder, to be assessed through the selection process
In 2017, HSBC Bank Canada was named one of the Best 50 Corporate Citizens by Corporate Knights magazine, in addition to The World’s Best Bank by Euromoney Magazine in its annual Awards for Excellence.
Join HSBC, and benefit from the following:
- Career Development: Within your current role, as well as Canadian and international opportunities
- Company Reputation: Offering prestige, strength, and longevity
- Business Growth: Underpinned by our drive, and the highest banking standards
- International Connectivity and impact: Build global relationships and be a part of international initiatives
- A diverse workforce: Reflecting our belief that diversity of thought, background and perspective make HSBC a stronger organization
- Corporate Sustainability: We build our business for the long term by balancing social, environmental and economic considerations in the decisions we make.
Job Field : Retail / Branch Banking
Primary Location : North America-Canada-British Columbia-Nanaimo
Schedule : Full-time Shift : Day Job
Type of Vacancy : Region Vacancy
Job Posting : Oct 23, 2018, 5:53:04 PM Unposting Date : Dec 1, 2018, 11:59:00 PM