Job Duties and Description：
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the purchasing activities of an establishment
- Develop purchasing policies and procedures and control purchasing department budget
- Establish distribution networks for products and services, initiate market research studies and analyze their findings, assist in product development, and direct and evaluate the marketing strategies of establishments
- Identify vendors of materials, equipment or supplies
- Evaluate cost and quality of goods or services
- Negotiate and oversee the negotiation of purchase contracts
- Participate in the development of specifications for equipment, products or substitute materials
- Review and process claims against suppliers
- Interview, hire and oversee training of staff.
Knowledge, attributes and experience are required as below:
- Must have working experience in managing large accounts importing/shipping inventory from China and other Asian country for resale in N. America
- Knowledge on production process for plastic related product would be an asset
- Bachelor’s Degree is required preferably in business, but not mandatory if you have enough related work experience in same industry.
- High-quality standards and good attention to detail
- Effective communication skills and be able to read, write and speak English fluently
- Being able to speak Mandarin and Cantonese is an asset
- Excellent work ethic
- Professional and courteous attitude
- Must be able to travel internationally if necessary to meet with vendors in overseas.