With over 20 years in business Rahelu Plumbing & Heating Ltd. provides the best in class services to both our residential and commercial clients across the lower mainland. Currently, we are hiring one full-time and permanent “Purchasing Officer” for our team. As a member of our team, the Purchasing Officer will provide expert procurement advice to our business and supports the delivery of services and initiatives as required to meet service standards and expectations. The ideal candidate for this position will be polished, energetic, and ambitious with a positive attitude.
Job Title: Purchasing Officer
Company: Rahelu Plumbing & Heating Ltd.
Company location: Unit 111 – 8299, 129 St, Surrey, BC – V3W 0A6
Number of positions: 1
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Salary: $28.50 per hour
Anticipated start date: As soon as possible
Work location: Unit 111 – 8299, 129 St, Surrey, BC – V3W 0A6
• Purchase plumbing, heating, and other products/materials/equipment from local or overseas suppliers.
• Assess requirements and specifications of products to be purchased.
• Invite tenders, consult with suppliers and review quotations.
• Review and draft purchase agreement, negotiate price, purchase terms, shipping methods and other purchase terms in the purchase agreement with suppliers.
• Establish logistics of delivery schedules, monitor progress, and contact clients and suppliers to resolve problems.
• Communicate and maintain relationships with suppliers.
• May hire, train or supervise purchasing clerks.
EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Education in business administration, commerce, economics or related discipline (e.g. foreign trade).
• Experience as a Purchasing Clerk or Administrative Clerk would be an asset.
• Minimum 1-2 years of demonstrated experience as a Purchasing Officer/Agent is required for candidates having education in another field.
• Advance proficiency in computer skills including Microsoft Office.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation, conflict resolution and attention to detail skills.
• Excellent work ethic, accountability, and dependability.
• Excellent team building skills with a demonstrated ability to work effectively with a team.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position, please email or fax your resume at:
Fax: (604) 597-0043
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those candidates who meet the position requirements will be contacted for the hiring process.
Rahelu Plumbing & Heating Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer!