Nationwide Natural Foods (2000) Inc. is a Canadian owned & family operated business since 2000. Nationwide specializes in the distribution of various domestic & imported products to retailers across Canada. We offer a wide selection of natural, organic, gluten free, vegan, & vegetarian products, with products ranging from dry, refrigerated, & frozen. As a family, operated business every employee is treated like a family member at Nationwide. The family atmosphere helps Nationwide differentiate themselves in the market. We provide our customers with the highest level of quality products & customer service in addition to affordable pricing.
Currently, we are hiring one full-time “Purchasing Officer” for our team. As a member of our team, the Purchasing Officer will provide expert procurement advice to our business and supports the delivery of services and initiatives as required to meet service standards and expectations. The ideal candidate for this position will be polished, energetic, and ambitious with a positive attitude.
Company: Nationwide Natural Foods (2000) Inc.
Position: Purchasing Officer
Number of Vacancy: 1
Terms of Employment: Full Time, Permanent
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
Job Location: 7083, Venture Street, Delta, BC, V4G 1H8
- Review and draft purchase agreement, negotiate price, purchase terms, shipping methods and other purchase terms in the purchase agreement with suppliers.
- Purchase natural, organic, gluten free, vegan, vegetarian and other products from local or North American/Overseas suppliers.
- Assess requirements and specifications of products to be purchased with Sales Team and Management when needed.
- Establish logistics of delivery schedules, monitor progress, and contact clients and suppliers to resolve problems.
- Invite tenders, consult with suppliers and review quotations.
- Communicate and maintain relationships with suppliers.
- May hire, train or supervise purchasing clerks.
EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Education in business administration, commerce, economics or related discipline (e.g. foreign trade).
- Experience as a Purchasing Clerk or Administrative Clerk would be an asset.
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience as a Purchasing Officer/Agent is required for candidates having education in another field.
- Advance proficiency in computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation, conflict resolution and attention to detail skills.
- Excellent work ethic, accountability, and dependability.
- Excellent team building skills with a demonstrated ability to work effectively with a team.
HOW TO APPLY:
- By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By Mail: 7083, Venture Street, Delta, BC, V4G 1H8
- By Fax: (604) 952-4699
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted!