Wave Planner, Richmond Distribution Centre, Cannabis Operations
Temporary, Full Time, Richmond
R14/ $48,182.24 to $54,518.81 per annum
STEP into a career with one of BC’s Top Employers since 2009.
The Liquor Distribution Branch (LDB) is one of the largest distributors and retailers of beverage alcohol in Canada, generating a net income of approximately $1.08 billion on annual sales of approximately $3.3 billion in fiscal 2016/17. LDB has a workforce of approximately 4,000 full and part-time employees, operates 197 retail stores across the province, oversees the operations of approximately 220 Rural Agency Stores and has the role of wholesaler to approximately 700 private liquor retail outlets and 10,000 licensed establishments.
The LDB is a unique government entity that operates with similar independence to a Crown Corporation under the direction of a General Manager and CEO.
In February 2018, the LDB was assigned to distribute, wholesale and sell non-medicinal cannabis inclusive of a government owned online channel with a mandate to support government’s key priorities of protecting children and youth, ensuring health and safety standards, and keeping the criminal element out of the supply chain.
Distribution is part of the LDB Cannabis Operations responsible for the output of all cannabis related products in the Cannabis Distribution Centre. This includes receiving, assembly, and shipping. The Warehouse Management System (WMS) Wave Planner will be responsible for controlling the day to day product flow through the Distribution Centre.
The primary responsibility for the position is to maximize available resources utilized to ensure the efficient flow of product through the warehouse facility to wholesale and e-commerce customers.
This position ensures orders are available, monitors product flow, advises the supervisor of status and/or changes and makes exceptions to orders, produces reports and documents system problems.
An eligibility list for temporary or permanent future opportunities may be established. An enhanced security check and registration is required.
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications, and competencies. To be considered for this opportunity, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
For more information about how to create or update your profile, please refer to the How to Apply section below.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Jasdeep Dhaliwal, HR Advisor by phone at 604 252-7452. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
Only applications submitted using the BC Public Service Recruitment System on this website will be accepted.
Visit Careers at: www.bcldb.com
Education and Experience
- Minimum 2 years experience performing a dispatch/wave planner function utilizing a computer-based Warehouse Management System in a complex distribution/warehouse environment supplemented by experience in warehouse functions including shipping, receiving, assembly and inventory control.
May be required to work a variety of shift patterns; Available to work a rotating roster, including evenings and weekends.
* Recent is defined as occurring within the last five years. A combination of education, training, and experience may be considered.
- Working knowledge of product replenishment cycles
- Working knowledge of WMS, eBiz suite systems
- A high level of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Microsoft Excel (utilization of formatting and formula functions, skills pertaining to linking documents and sheets and provide recommendations to automate manual processes).
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to adjust quickly and easily to changes in work procedures.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced production environment.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.