RAFFLES TRANSPORTATION GROUP.
UNIT 202-8434, 120 street SURREY, British Columbia V3W 7S2
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Diploma
Positions Available: 1
Salary: $35.90 per hour for 35 hours per week
NOC Group: Inspectors in Public and Environmental Health and Occupational Health and Safety (2263)
NOC Job Title: Safety Officer
Job Location(s): UNIT 202 8434 120 Street SURREY, British Columbia V3W 7S2, Canada
Job Description: Raffles Transportation Group is currently looking for an experienced and responsible Safety Officer. The Safety and Compliance Supervisor will be responsible for managing all aspects of the Recruitment and Safety and Compliance activities for the British Columbia Transport location. As a Company resource, you will perform duties such as applicant screening, road safety training, compliance audits, emergency road response and necessary paper work and record keeping.
Job duties include but not limited to the following
– Ensure files are established and maintained consistent with legal and corporate requirements;
– Conduct audit sampling of files- driver files, vehicle maintenance files, accident files, hours of service logs, ensure adherence to company policy and legislative requirements;
– Ensure driver abstracts are obtained every 6 months and report findings to Operations Manager;
– Review roadside truck inspection reports from enforcement officers and coordinate with maintenance to resolve issues and prevent future occurrences;
– Advise operations and management personnel on safe work practices and corrective actions;
– Collaborate with Route Supervisors to develop a spot check program for year and on-road activities, including driver paperwork, proper pre-trip and post-trip inspections, on road driving practices, dump procedures etc.
– Review safety and work practices and conduct incident investigations. Identify correction actions required;
– Conduct road tests for new hires or re-testing for existing employees as required;
– Provide safety materials to Supervisor’s to support Safety Talks and on-going safety awareness;
– Deliver new employee orientation on Safety and Compliance;
– Prepare required monthly reporting
Required Experience: 3-5 years of experience as safety officer or in a related field is required.
Required Education: Completion of college level diploma/certificate is required.
Completion of bachelor’s degree would be an asset.
Required language: Excellent communication skills in English is required. Knowledge of Punjabi would be an asset.
– Performing safety training to ensure compliance with provincial legislations requirements and Company SOP
– Review Safety and Work practices and conduct Incident Investigations
– Perform Compliance Audits as required for the branch location
– Provide information and training in emergency response procedures, hazardous material handling and safety and compliance policies
– Deliver new driver orientation
– Provide ongoing risk management by – identifying risks and hazards and identify root causes and implement preventative measures to lower risks, hazards and injuries on the road or facility related
– Conduct road tests for all new hires or re-testing for existing employees returning from leaves
– Conduct and accurately document routine audits and inspections
– Investigate road accidents
– Ability to drive organizational and provincial legislation changes
– Strong interpersonal and communication skills
– Formal problem-solving techniques
– Hands on with a sense of urgency, ability to manage under pressure and manage multiple priorities and projects
– Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
As per BC Employment standards act
Contact Information (How to apply)
Mail: UNIT 202 8434 120 Street SURREY, British Columbia V3W 7S2