Ministry of Technology Innovation & Citizens’ Services
Senior Manager, Commercial Services
Annual Salary: $72,000.00 – $100,000.00
**This is a Leading Workplace Strategies (LWS) environment with some telework options available
**Final in person interviews will be held in Victoria (no videoconferencing options will be available
Strategic and Advisory Services is a small unit within the Procurement Services Branch. The professional staff works across government on important procurement initiatives. It is a fast paced environment with lots of innovation and interesting problems to solve.
The Senior Manager, Commercial Services (the “Senior Manager”) plans, organizes, manages and successfully completes high value / risk and significantly time-constrained commercial activities intersecting corporate and divisional boundaries in support of the strategic and operational objectives of client government ministries and broader public sector. The Senior Manager interacts with client personnel at all levels to gain understanding of business needs and constraints. The Senior Manager ensures that business solutions fit the objectives, operational capabilities and management culture of client organizations while conforming to good commercial practice and to tenets of public policy.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Law or a related field; or a Bachelor’s degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of education and related experience will also be considered.
- Minimum of three years of progressive professional or management experience in private or public sector marketplace.
- Preference may be given to applicants with experience negotiating/mediating solutions in a public or private sector environment.
- Preference may be given to applicants with experience in the large scale procurement of services.
- Preference may be given to applicants with experience participating in large, multi-stakeholder projects.
- Preference may be given to applicants with direct experience related to Information Technology/Information Management.
For more information on this career opportunity including how to apply online by March 6th 2017, please visit: https://search.employment.gov.bc.ca/cgi-bin/a/highlightjob.cgi?jobid=39089