Timber Sales Manager
Salary $86,000.25 – $112,000.06 Over time through performance based in-range movement employees will have the opportunity to reach the maximum of their position’s salary band.
There are currently two opportunities: Prince George and Kamloops
BC Timber Sales (BCTS) is an autonomous organization within the Ministry of Forest, Lands and Natural Resource Operations, with financial and operational independence from regional and district operations. The program supports the ministry’s goal of providing British Columbians with sustainable benefits from the commercial use of public forests.
As Timber Sales Manager, you are responsible for ensuring that the goals and business targets of BC Timber Sales are met within the business area. Playing a key role in the organization, you develop an annual sales plan for the TSO, manage and plan the budget development process and construct and rationalize forest management and operational decisions based upon the interpretation of performance targets. As a results oriented visionary, you organize, motivate and manage a professional team committed to providing excellent client service. Comprehensive knowledge of timber pricing and timber sales and working knowledge of business management models, principles and practices ensure your success in this position. If you are an innovative resource management specialist with an entrepreneurial spirit, consider this rewarding leadership role.
A career path in BC Timber Sales offers exceptional opportunities to develop new solutions to complex problems, to learn and grow personally and professionally.
Qualifications for this role include:
- University degree in a field related to Forestry or Resource Management and 5 years of current program and related forestry experience or more than 10 years of operational forestry experience.
- Experience developing, managing and delivering resource management programs.
- Significant management experience, preferably in a senior manager position including business and organizational planning.
- Experience dealing with politically sensitive and provincially significant issues and with developing policy, procedures and corporate practices.
- Demonstrated experience managing and leading large groups of employees in multi- functional areas
- Experience in strategic business planning, procurement and financial management.
- Demonstrated conflict resolution and issues management experience.
- Experience leading and coaching diverse teams
For more information on this career opportunity including how to apply online by February 26th 2017, please visit: