BC Child and Youth in Care Week – Logo Redesign
The BC Child and Youth in Care Week (BCCYICW) Committee is hiring a youth artist or graphic designer to create a new logo in honour of BC Child and Youth in Care Week’s 10th Anniversary!
Youth in and from care advocated for this week ten years ago so their siblings in care could grow up feeling celebrated for their diverse talents and accomplishments, surrounded by a supportive community who stands with them. They also wanted to raise awareness about the barriers they face and fight the stigma that can come with being a “foster kid.”
The new logo will be used on BCCYICW promo materials, including posters, social media graphics, forms and lots more!
What We’re Looking For
We’re looking for a simple image that captures the awesomeness of children and youth in or from care. If you’re brainstorming ideas, think about what you admire in yourself and your peers. You could think about the amazing things youth in and from care can achieve as individuals, or when they come together as a community.
Your image could also be word-based. You won’t need to add the “Stand with Youth in Care Slogan” but check out BCCYICW’s early logo to see an example of what a typographical logo could look like.
What You’ll Get
This is a contract position that pays $500.
You must be a young person in or from care between the ages of 15 and 30 and currently live in BC.
How to Apply
To submit a complete application, you’ll need:
- A filled in application form
- 1-3 samples of your existing work and/or a concept sketch for the logo if you have a great idea already (see the form for file formats). You do not need to send us a completed logo design with your form.
Send your completed application form and samples of your existing work and/or concept sketch by January 15, 2020 to Stephanie Thompson at:
If you have any questions please contact Stephanie (contact info above).
Some important things to know:
- The samples of your artwork, designs or sketches you send us to show your skill and talent are your copyrighted intellectual property (you own them) and they will not be used by the BC Child and Youth in Care Week Committee (unless your application is successful and your concept sketch becomes the new logo).
- Sending in your existing artwork and/or concept sketch does not guarantee that you will be selected to design the new logo.
- The final logo will need to be a digital illustration for us to be able to use it, but we know that the software is expensive and can be a barrier. If your application is successful and you design your logo on paper, it will be translated to a digital illustration by a member of the BC Child and Youth in Care Week Committee. You will be consulted through that process to make sure the final logo matches your original piece as closely as possible.
- If you are selected, a contract between you and the BCCYICW Committee will be created with all the details, including what you’ll be paid, who will own the logo and have the rights to use it, when we need the finished logo, how you’ll be credited, that sort of thing.
Email the completed fillable application form to email@example.com