Call for LGBTQ2S+ Metis Citizen applicants for Metis Health Advisory Committee
Métis Nation British Columbia is seeking needed and welcomed additional representation from the LGBTQ2S+ Community to join MNBC’s Métis Health Advisory Committee. Applicants who are Citizens of MNBC are invited to apply to the below link.
Questions and applications should be directed to MNBC’s Health Administration Assistant Marcella Williams at email@example.com
MNBC – Minister of Health
MNBC – Director of Health
*Please note that the Terms of Reference will be updated to include a LGBTQ2S+ seat.
Call for Applications
MNBC Métis Health Advisory Committee
Terms of Reference.pdf
Métis Health Advisory Committee Call Out.pdf (application)
Interested in working with Métis Health data? Consider volunteering on the Métis Health Advisory Committee with Métis Nation British Columbia (MNBC).
MNBC is issuing an open call to Métis Citizens in each of the seven (7) Regions of BC to identify Health Care professionals interested in working with Métis health data. Through this process, we will identify one (1) health care professional to represent each region and sit on the Métis Health Advisory Committee (MHAC). Max term: 4 years.
The purpose of the Métis Health Advisory Committee’s is to ensure that:
- Métis Citizens from each of the seven (7) Regions are represented and involved in the use of the Métis Client File;
- The privacy and best interest of Métis individuals, families and Communities are protected;
- Métis Health Care professionals prioritize topics of interest to Community by Region;
- The Métis Health Advisory Committee appoints a Chair who will sit on the Métis Data Information Group (MDIG); and
- Métis data is utilized in an open, transparent way.
Métis Health Advisory Committee (MHAC):
Interested candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Possess a valid MNBC Métis Citizenship card;
- Completed a minimum of four (4) years in a recognized post-secondary institution, with a focus on health;
- Be knowledgeable and experienced in their respective discipline; and
- Provide a letter of recommendation from a Métis Chartered Community President from their Region.
Regional applications will be assessed and vetted by the following four (4) MNBC representatives:
- Minister of Health;
- Chief Executive Officer (or designate);
- Epidemiologist; and
- Director of Health.
Committee members are viewed as representatives of MNBC and should therefore conduct themselves in an appropriate professional manner, respecting their MHAC responsibilities and obligations.
The Métis Health Advisory Committee (MHAC) will meet face-to-face a maximum of two times per year and attend a maximum of four (4) additional teleconferences. Membership on the Committee will be for a two (2) year term.
How to Apply:
To apply for the MHAC, please send your information (as per Métis Health Advisory Committee Call Out.pdf) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your completed application and Letter of Recommendation.