TNG: May 28, 2020 – COVID-19 Update #36
TNG remains committed to keeping our employees and the communities we serve safe.
Therefore, we are sharing the following information.
As the virus continues to spread throughout BC and Canada, we are calling on everyone to do their part to stop the spread of COVID-19 by continuing to practice social distancing and following the guidelines set up by the province and the health authorities. The number of confirmed cases reported are as follows;
May 28, 2020
Total new cases: 9
Total cases in BC: 2,558
Total recoveries: 2,153 (241 active cases)
Total deaths: 164
Total cases in Interior Health region: 195
Total cases in Northern Health region: 63
- Practice good hygiene.
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Cough or sneeze into the bend of your arm or a tissue and dispose of immediately.
- Avoid touching your face, eyes and mouth.
- Practice social distancing
- Stop handshaking.
- Avoid unnecessary travel.
- Stay home if you are feeling sick.
- Monitor the situation. As the virus continues to unfold and BC re-opens, there is the potential for a second wave. Therefore, it’s important to stay up-to-date on verified information. Below are some public resources that you can visit to stay informed.
TNG Health Office
The Health Office is open regular hours, Monday to Friday from 8:30 am – 4:30 pm. The Health staff will also be making visits to community where needed.
TNG Health Office: Ph:(250) 398-8575
TNG is here for you
All TNG Offices remain operational, a source of information and a point of contact for communities. If you have questions or concerns please reach out to our staff via telephone or email.
TNG Downtown Office: (250) 392-3918
Resources to stay up-to-date on COVID-19
Tŝilhqot’in National Government – Emergency Page
Government of Canada – Public Health
Government of BC – Health Link BC
First Nations Health Authority
World Health Organization