Title: Assistant Technician – Distribution Services
Employee Working Location: Office/In-person (Kelowna, BC)
Employment status: Casual
Salary band: $18.06 – $22.58/hour
The Canadian Red Cross (CRC) – one of the most inspirational not-for-profit organizations on this planet and an awardee on the Forbes list of Canada’s Best Employers 2022 – is seeking an Assistant Technician to join our Health Equipment Loan Program (HELP) Team.
We are guided by our Fundamental Principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity, and universality. We help people and communities in Canada and around the world in times of need and support them in strengthening their resilience.
Starting with the hiring process, we are committed to having an accessible, diverse, inclusive, and barrier-free work environment where everyone can reach their full potential. We encourage all qualified persons who share our values and want to contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace to apply.
The incumbent will work to assist the Technician in cleaning, repairing, and delivery of medical equipment
In this role, you will:
- Clean and disinfect equipment as per established procedures and quality standards
- Keep updated reports of all safety issues and incidents
- Inspect equipment and complete minor repairs
- Assist with equipment picks ups and deliveries
- Support volunteers with equipment reprocessing and usage
What we are looking for:
- Completion of Grade 12 and/or post-secondary education in a related field.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English. Fluency in the additional language would be an asset.
- Ability to effectively problem solve, prioritize, organize and execute tasks in a dynamic environment
- First Aid certification, or willingness to take training
- Experience working with volunteers or knowledge of medical equipment would be an asset
- Frequent lifting is required.
- Able to lift and carry up to 80lbs
- Eligibility to work in Canada: At this time, we welcome applications from candidates eligible to work in Canada. If you are not a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, we encourage you to carefully review your visa to find out whether you are eligible to work in the job you are considering applying for. Refer to our FAQ for more information.
- If you are selected for this role, you will be required to complete a successful pre-employment screening process which includes a satisfactory Enhanced Police Information Check (E-PIC).
- Full vaccination against COVID-19 is mandatory for this position and operation (the CRC will however adhere to its duty to accommodate those who are unable to be fully vaccinated for a reason related to a human right protected ground).
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible – those who apply after the selection process has started may be held for a second review if needed OR reviewed for alternative roles. We appreciate the time and effort it takes to apply and thank you in advance.
If you require accommodation measures during any phase of the hiring process, please notify us as soon as possible. All information received in relation to accommodation requests will be kept confidential.