Management Band 2
An eligibility list may be established.
Make a difference in this rewarding career opportunity
Learning & Development is the designated resource for ministry-specific learning for front-line staff at the Ministry of Children and Family Development. Learning & Development leads learning activities in the creation and ongoing delivery of learning programs for MCFD staff which in some cases leads to formal delegation to perform specific ministry work (e.g. Child Welfare Practitioners, Team Leaders).
To provide strategic advice and consultation on the development of learning programs, performance management and the organizational development of the ministry, with a focus on training designed to address individual performance, to improve organizational outcomes, and meet business objectives. This position is responsible for implementation, development, and ongoing support of learning materials to address specific learning priorities within the various ministry job streams.
To learn more about these B.C communities you can click on the Hello BC link here!
With over 200 different occupations available in 280 communities across the province, we offer exciting opportunities for your career. Come be a part of the BC Public Service, a Top 100 Employer that embraces diversity, health and career growth. For more information, please see What We Offer.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact [email protected]. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to create or update your profile and how to submit your application, please refer to the Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to [email protected], before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (such as Education, Adult Education, Human Resources or Organizational Development); OR
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience (including but not limited to):
- Certificate in Adult and Continuing Education, plus 3 years’ experience within the last 6 years in eLearning development
- Certificate in Instruction Design, plus 3 years’ experience within the last 6 years in eLearning development
- Minimum 2 years’ consecutive experience in the conceptualization, methodology, development and implementation of eLearning, learning programs, curricula and products.
- Minimum 2 years’ consecutive experience working with varied stakeholders and groups to deliver quality learning programs under strict timelines and budget constraints.
- Hands on experience with learning management systems, content management systems and other functions related to the creation and implementation of eLearning.
- Advanced experience with eLearning development tools including Articulate 360.
- Experience developing audio and visual learning products including videos and audio interviews.
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office suite (PowerPoint, MSWord, MS Excel, etc.).
- Demonstrated experience in graphic design.
Preference may be given to candidates with experience in desk topping software and graphic design software including Adobe CC.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover Letter: YES – A cover letter is required as part of your application. The content and/or format of your cover letter may be evaluated as part of the assessment process.
Resume: YES – Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
Questionnaire: YES – You will be required to answer a standard questionnaire.